PDA

View Full Version : Experiment with polishing a vinyl wrapped car

RFrommann
11-13-2015, 11:57 AM
I haven't posted much lately, but I've been busy working 40-50hrs and doing 2-3cars a week and focusing on getting my name and reputation built.

Well I was at a car show and saw a terribly swirled car, then noticed it was vinyl wrapped. So it got me thinking if it was possible to Polish vinyl.

Few weeks went by and I had the chance to test out some stuff on a pearl white vinyl wrapped Subaru sti.

I used white lc flat pad with HD speed. The results were absolutely amazing. I will come back and add photos.

It lightened up discoloration, made the white very bright, and it now beads water like paint!

RFrommann
11-13-2015, 12:23 PM
Pictures aren't in order. But some are before, test spot, after, water beads roof Vs hood Vs headlight.

Also threw in pictures of before and after of one headlight I wetsanded.

Customer came in to remove water etch on all glass, and headlight reconditioning. And gave the OK to test things on the roof. The vinyl is poor quality, and the wrap job is subpar. But now I have the knowledge and confidence to work on a quality wrapped vehicle!

Matt@Revive
11-13-2015, 01:04 PM
HD speed works well on vinyl. i cleaned up the hood decal on a Ford Raptor with it last month.

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af80/ridenaked600/IMG_20150826_215752.jpg (http://s995.photobucket.com/user/ridenaked600/media/IMG_20150826_215752.jpg.html)

RFrommann
11-13-2015, 01:27 PM
Looks great man!

oldmodman
11-13-2015, 05:25 PM
Thanks for being the "test subject" on this.

I think that as the Vinyl Wraps become much more common and the prices drop we will all be seeing a lot more of them.

It's very valuable knowledge to know how to take care of them for the customer's. :dblthumb2:

RFrommann
11-13-2015, 06:59 PM
Thanks for being the "test subject" on this.

I think that as the Vinyl Wraps become much more common and the prices drop we will all be seeing a lot more of them.

It's very valuable knowledge to know how to take care of them for the customer's. :dblthumb2:

Thank you! I'm glad I could test and now can advertise doing such!

EzyBrzy
11-29-2015, 05:16 PM
Going to do my friends car and his roof is wrapped. This is exactly what I wanted to know. Just happened to order HD speed the other day too :xyxthumbs: