PDA

View Full Version : Is there a certain way to apply duragloss 105?

BF4Noob73
11-12-2015, 05:10 PM
When applying in two separate steps, how much product of 601 is applied to the paint? After I apply 601 to the whole car and letting it dry to a haze, can 105 be applied on top to the whole car also or does it have to be done panel by panel? Does application procedure affect of how well it protects the paint, like working the product into the paint as opposed to just 'waxing' it on? I'll be applying by hand with a blue microfiber applicator pad. I've read that combining 105/601 into a bottle with correct ratio activates a small chemical reaction. Is that chemical reaction the same when applied in two steps? If mixed in a bottle, how do you dispose the unused portion? Can I also apply 601 to aluminum alloy wheels to speed up the cure time? Is sealing the windshield and all windows with 105 permanent?

hollerstiltner
11-12-2015, 08:48 PM
When applying in two separate steps, how much product of 601 is applied to the paint? Enough to cover the paint like you would when you wax a car.

After I apply 601 to the whole car and letting it dry to a haze, can 105 be applied on top to the whole car also or does it have to be done panel by panel? You can apply it to the entire car, let it haze, and then remove.

Does application procedure affect of how well it protects the paint, like working the product into the paint as opposed to just 'waxing' it on? I'm not sure on this one. It has some cleaning ability so I would error toward working it in.

I'll be applying by hand with a blue microfiber applicator pad. I've read that combining 105/601 into a bottle with correct ratio activates a small chemical reaction. Is that chemical reaction the same when applied in two steps? Yes.

If mixed in a bottle, how do you dispose the unused portion? In the trash. Although I mix it up in small 2-4oz batches do I don't waste much.

Can I also apply 601 to aluminum alloy wheels to speed up the cure time? Not sure if there's anything specific to it with uncoated alloys. If they're clear coated, treat them like paint.

Is sealing the windshield and all windows with 105 permanent? Nope.

I tried to answer it all the best I could. Hopefully i helped some.

To make things much easier for you, I suggest you mix the 105 and 601 together in a 4:1 ratio (4 parts 105 to 1 part 601) instead of doing them separately. It'll save you some time by cutting out the 601 application step.

Klasse Act
11-13-2015, 12:39 PM
Make sure you use up that mixed batch within 12 hrs though, so if there's left over use it on the Windows, works great! The wheels are another item to use it on as well💡

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

glfnaz
11-13-2015, 12:56 PM
Yes mixing in he bottle saves a step, but either way works fine. Wheels and windows are all good to apply to. Just like on paint, it's not permanent on the window. But they will bead up water great.

Whatever is left over in your mixture in the bottle is basically waste, so I go inside and apply it to the mirrors in our bathrooms and glass doors on the showers. Works great. Just be sure to clean the mirrors first of course.

BF4Noob73
04-19-2016, 10:42 AM
So I just applied the 501/601 premix in a small bottle but there is a lot left over. Is there a special way to dispose of the unused portion? What about any unused portion of iron-X? Are these products hazardous to the environment? I loving the results of the 501/601 combo!

richy
04-19-2016, 11:40 AM
I had found that the mixture would be stable for a few months after being mixed. It basically solidified at that point and I threw it in the garbage.