PDA

View Full Version : no more optimum for me, alternatives?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cosmin
11-11-2015, 09:03 PM
hi there , is been a while , i been a busy bee.
i plan to give up on all the optimum products that i carry. i use them exclusively for over 5 years.

i am looking for an alternative for this products, it has to be user friendly, similar with them.
- optimum opti-seal
- optimum no rinse
- optimum car wax
- optimum gloss coat

before i stock up my gallons and bottles for the next year , i am interested to find new products and be done with optimum.
they can take their business somewhere else!
:dblthumb2:

Levinz11
11-11-2015, 09:18 PM
OK I'll ask...what did they do to you? Or did I miss something.

I only use ONR myself.

wasodetail
11-11-2015, 10:06 PM
It's gonna be hard to replace those products. Megs rinse free is okay to start out with

wasodetail

SeanChav
11-11-2015, 10:07 PM
optimum optiseal---->Ultima paint guard plus
ONR---->d114
OCW---->DG Aquawax/d156/Prima Hydro Max
optimum gloss coat---->???

those all seem to be good crowd favorites around here

RaskyR1
11-11-2015, 10:34 PM
Why limit yourself to one brand? IMO no companies products excel in all areas so mix and match what works best! :props:

Cosmin
11-11-2015, 11:01 PM
Why limit yourself to one brand? IMO no companies products excel in all areas so mix and match what works best! :props:

:dblthumb2: there are always options.....

those all seem to be good crowd favorites around here
thank`s , i will look into that

OK I'll ask...what did they do to you? Or did I miss something.

one of their representative call me. their installers can`t sell their overprice coating because i advertise opti-coat in my service. i use 0.2 and gloss, i am not their installer so i price the coating how i want.

Im the MAN

RaskyR1
11-11-2015, 11:34 PM
You list Opti-Coat as your coating, which is an issue if you're not an authorized installer. Change it to read Gloss-Coat if that's what you're using and problem solved. :)

Cosmin
11-12-2015, 12:21 AM
You list Opti-Coat as your coating, which is an issue if you're not an authorized installer. Change it to read Gloss-Coat if that's what you're using and problem solved. :)

"We use Optimum opti-coat" , in 2013 when i update the info page , optimum wasn`t that picky about who use their products. at that time i was using opti-coat 0.2.
optimum gloss-coat , is still an opti-coat ?! or is not a coating?! confused here.....
i did not mention anywhere that i am an installer , i buy the coating from here , autogeek , and they sell it without any questions and they market as a coating.

i solved problems different , new brand and done.
just because they got bigger and start poke at people , i don`t have to support their products and business. i use to recommend them to any client who got their car polished, and buy in gallons from them. not anymore...

RaskyR1
11-12-2015, 12:38 AM
"We use Optimum opti-coat" , in 2013 when i update the info page , optimum wasn`t that picky about who use their products. at that time i was using opti-coat 0.2.
optimum gloss-coat , is still an opti-coat ?! or is not a coating?! confused here.....
i did not mention anywhere that i am an installer , i buy the coating from here , autogeek , and they sell it without any questions and they market as a coating.

just because they got bigger and start poke at people , i don`t have to support their products and business. i use to recommend them to any client who got their car polished, and buy in gallons from them. not anymore...

I know a lot of people share your frustration, but it's deceptive to have Opti-Coat listed on your page as a service when you're actually applying a consumer grade coating, Opti-Coat 2.0 (discontinued) or Gloss-Coat. They are definitely different products. Part of the reason Optimum discontinued Opti-Coat 2.0 was to keep Detailers from selling it as Opti-Coat Pro.

Authorized installers have a high MAP they have to adhere to, soon to be even higher, and it's not fair if someone in the area is selling a consumer product as a pro coating at a fraction of the cost.

Hope your not offended by this, just telling it like it is and I don't even sell OCP anymore. Maybe consider becoming an authorized installer if your happy with the products.

builthatch
11-12-2015, 12:45 AM

If you said on your page that you installed CQ Finest and are not an authorized installer, I can imagine you would get a call from Corey at CarPro. Same thing with Xpel or anything else that has an authorized dealer/installer network.

The only "Opti-Coat" is Opti-Coat Pro. As mentioned, Opti-Coat 2.0 is a legacy product from the past and Gloss-Coat is..."Gloss-Coat".

I know it's hard to not get mad, but try to look at this objectively. They are protecting their branding...and protecting the people in your area who are actually installing Opti-Coat, which you are not. Like Rasky said, get authorized and reap those benefits or just say you offer Gloss-Coat and keep doing what you are doing successfully. This way you don't have to change what apparently already works for your business and clientele.

Driven Auto Detail
11-12-2015, 03:08 PM
I'm really confused here. You say you don't know what Gloss-Coat is and that you buy Opti-Coat from AutoGeek. But that doesn't add up because Gloss-Coat was introduced over a year ago (I believe) and it replaced Opti-Coat 2.0. If you have ordered an Optimum coating in the last year, you would have known about the change.

So to get this straight...

1) You're not going to use their products because you feel their professional coating is too expensive?

2) You're not an AUTHORIZED INSTALLER, yet you advertise on your "Info (http://www.proreflection.com/info.html)" page that you offer Opti-Coat?

• What is Paint Protection Coating?
We use Optimum opti-coat, a revolutionary product used to give a permanent second layer of protection to your vehicle after the clear coat. This product has been tested for over 2 years with great long-term results. The coating paint is easy to clean up and can withstand the harsh environment such as water spots, bug debris, tar, car wash soap, dishwasher soap, UV rays, etc. Basically, the car will no longer need any more wax or seal coatings. Your car will have a just-detailed look every time it is washed. The coating is applied directly on the paint, wheels, glass, plastic, and chrome. Race cars, trailers, boats, RV and commercial vehicles can also benefit from a paint protection coating.

Texas Opti-Coat Pro Authorized Installers: Optimum Polymer Technologies : Dealers in Texas (http://opti-coat.net/approved-dealers.php?state=TX)

...i don`t have to support their products and business. i use to recommend them to any client who got their car polished, and buy in gallons from them. not anymore...

Yet you still advertise on your website that you do?

So basically you're not happy with how Optimum prices their professional coating, yet you're offering it illegally on your own website? I think OPTIMUM should be the one that's upset.

Heisenberg
11-12-2015, 03:26 PM
This seems a little silly. If I understand what happened correctly, then they're within their right to ask you to advertise their products correctly.

Think about if someone was recommending your shop and they got everything wrong about what you do. Wouldn't you feel compelled to step in and ask them to either adjust their wording or stop recommending you at all?

AutowerxDetailing
11-12-2015, 03:47 PM
So basically you're not happy with how Optimum prices their professional coating, yet you're offering it illegally on your own website? I think OPTIMUM should be the one that's upset.

Pretty sure it's not "illegal" to have outdated information on your website. Especially considering it was 100% accurate at the time it was updated...

Optimum should have thought about the long term ramifications of their "branding challenges" when they named two totally different products almost exactly the same thing: Opti-Coat 2.0 and Opti-Coat Pro. How would the average consumer realistically be able to distinguish between the two without doing hours of research???

Driven Auto Detail
11-12-2015, 03:55 PM
Pretty sure it's not "illegal" to have outdated information on your website. Especially considering it was 100% accurate at the time it was updated...

Optimum should have thought about the long term ramifications of their "branding challenges" when they named two totally different products almost exactly the same thing: Opti-Coat 2.0 and Opti-Coat Pro. How would the average consumer realistically be able to distinguish between the two without doing hours of research???

Ok, how does false advertising work for you instead? He's had a year to update it, if not more. The responsibility to advertise his services correctly is on him, NOT Optimum. Period.

Yes, I agree OPT didn't choose wisely with the original naming scheme. Doesn't change anything in this situation though.

wasodetail
11-12-2015, 03:58 PM
OPT did mess up by naming the products alike

wasodetail