PDA

View Full Version : Need more gloss with white paint

Pages : [1] 2

dengood1
06-21-2006, 07:11 PM
Last week I posted a thread asking about what I could do with my white 2004 Accord to improve the finish. After using SSR2.5 and SSR1, then a polymer sealant I'm not thrilled with the results. I know the SSR's are great products and worked awesome on other vehicles I've done, but with the white I didn't get the results I expected. I just ordered some Klasse AIO and WG Finishing Glaze and am going to finish it off with some Souveran or Max Wax. Do you think this would give me more of the gloss/shine I am looking for? The paint is is great shape, it just has a little orange peel in it, which I think is what is throwing me off a bit. Any thoughts with the AIO followed by WG Finishing Glaze, then Souveran or Max Wax? Thanks for your thoughts and opinions:)

Dennis

abrcrombe
06-21-2006, 08:33 PM
Well, I think AIO will help a little, but you should try a glaze. I don't remember what was recommended, but I will come back and check it out.

belcherm58
06-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Anthony of OCD has said he like's the Wolfgang Sealant for it's reflectiveness
and also noted that it gave good reflections even on white. I have not used
the Wolfgang yet, but I do plan on trying it. I am experimenting with PB's EX
and EX-P at this time. If your shopping for a sealant, you may want to try it.
I really like the Poorboys. I do not have a white car so I cannot say what it
doe's for white. I would imagine it looks great as it doe's on dark colors, but
being I do not know for sure, I won't say.

abrcrombe
06-21-2006, 10:11 PM
Surfer uses this on his white SUV.

"I tried a couple stuff from buddies, what I found and really like. On my white suv (Mercury Mountaineer), polished/compound with Optimum, AI0, 2 layers of EX-P, and 3 layers now of Natty's Blue. I've honestly had comments from guys in the office with Rover's, Porsches etc, that can't believe how wet/deep my white truck looks (whereas most detailed whites I've seen just look bright and shiny, but that seems to be what most people want on white from what I found). "

I would go with that because Surfer knows his stuff, and his technique produces results.

Kelso
06-21-2006, 10:22 PM
i used ex-p and topped with 1 coat of liquid souveran, then some paste on just the hood and it looks great. i have an alpine white bmw.

wytstang
06-21-2006, 10:45 PM
http://www.eshine.ca/images/CustomerCars/Rotate/ChrisPaceCobraPwCNattys.jpg
http://www.eshine.ca/web/PwC_Nattys/PwCNatty1.JPG
http://www.eshine.ca/web/PwC_Nattys/PwCNatty4.JPG

MikeyC
06-21-2006, 10:48 PM
I detailed my girlfriend's white Volvo last week and all I have to say is . . . white just doesn't pop like other colors. I will say that I polished the car and then sealed it with Menzerna FMJ. I wasn't totally happy with the finish so the next day I put on a coat of DP Max Wax and that helped quite a bit. On any other color car this combo would produce a mind blowing shine, but the shine you get from a white car is just . . . well . . . boring.

abrcrombe
06-21-2006, 11:15 PM
That is why I will never buy a white car. I am sticking to dark colors! Black or a dark blue! MAYBE a dark grey.

BILL
06-22-2006, 06:39 AM
QUOTE:

Any thoughts with the AIO followed by WG Finishing Glaze, then Souveran or Max Wax? Thanks for your thoughts and opinions:)

GREAT............ consider the souveran.........excellent:)

Good Luck........

dengood1
06-22-2006, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the insight my detailing peeps. My white Honda doesn't even look close to Chris's Cobra pictured here....it looks great compared to the Honda. Oh well, I'll try this combo, then I'll post some pics if it's to my liking. My white isn't as "white" as Chris's 'stang pictured, and it has orange peel. Oh well, I'll do the best with what I've got:) Thanks again!

BTW--Love the white Stang with white wheels....I used to have one back in the early 90's! Loved that car....sold it the day I got married......AAAAAHHHHHHH!

Dennis

ScottB
06-22-2006, 06:01 PM
also consider a spray additive for gloss like Poorboys Spray/Gloss, Clearkote Quikshine, or FK 425.

dengood1
06-22-2006, 08:55 PM
I ordered the Quickshine yesterday along with some other stuff but it didn't arrive today:-( Usually only takes a day to go across the state. I'm spoiled now!! haha

abrcrombe
06-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Oh stop rubbing it in! My shipment went out on Monday and I won't get it until Monday. :(

dengood1
06-22-2006, 09:18 PM
:p

Was it 110 degrees in the sun today like it was here though?:eek:

BTW--I live 198 miles from AG, hence the quick shipping. They could almost put it on a paper airplane to send to me......almost;)

abrcrombe
06-22-2006, 09:30 PM
Now, it was a cool mid 70s day for me. Perfect weather once AGAIN in San Diego. Perfect detailing weather, MOVE HERE AUTOGEEK!!

Think they got the hint?

EDIT: dengood1, what did you decide to do on your honda?