PDA

View Full Version : first full detail suggestions

VW Drew
11-10-2015, 07:57 PM
Getting ready to detail my new Subaru over Thanksgiving weekend. heres my plan but open to other ideas, suggestions too. Already have these products.

wash and dry.
tri-x.
wash, dry.
clay bar sponge.
wash, dry.
XMT 360 applied with my PC7424
Woflgang deep gloss paint sealant. Is this needed after the XMT?
Pinnacle souvern wax.

Thanks for your input.

MarkD51
11-10-2015, 08:05 PM
XMT 360 appears to be an all in one product.

That you might be able to save yourself some work by saving the WGDGPS, and Souveran for a little bit later date.

Then, with that time saved, you can perhaps concentrate on, and get caught up with detailing other areas of the vehicle, interior, trunk, wheels and tires, glass, etc.

We all know well here how one thing seems to always lead to another, and I'm sure you'd prefer not to be spending 10-12 hour's time to get r done.

GSKR
11-10-2015, 08:29 PM
Getting ready to detail my new Subaru over Thanksgiving weekend. heres my plan but open to other ideas, suggestions too. Already have these products.

wash and dry.
tri-x.
wash, dry.
clay bar sponge.
wash, dry.
XMT 360 applied with my PC7424
Woflgang deep gloss paint sealant. Is this needed after the XMT?
Pinnacle souvern wax.

Thanks for your input.
Sounds good beware of clay sponge you don't want to inflict any scratches or marring.I would change out Wolfgang sealer for 845 x 2.

7PaintGuns
11-10-2015, 08:53 PM
Congrats on the new Subaru! I just picked up my CTS in Sept and will be doing the same this Saturday. My plans...

1. Wash with 3m Body Shop Clean Up soap.
2. Iron-X Decon
3. Re wash with 3m
4. ABN Clay Bar MIT
5. 3m 3 step buff and polish
6. Wolfgang Paint Prep
7. WGS 3.0

Upkeep with WGS 3.0 spray and WG waterless wash and Gold Class wash soap. May buy some WG shampoo not sure. Good luck with your car and have fun!

EDIT: I also hear 845 is fantastic for winter protection...

MarkD51
11-10-2015, 09:32 PM
To add, the XMT and the WGDGPS 3.0 may possess and share very similar technology as far as synthetic polymer sealants in both since they are both PBMG "house brands".

That should you do the car one day with the XMT, let it sit, and the next day come along with a hand applied coat of WG Sealant, I don't think there'd be any harm or foul. WGDGPS 3.0 is a great product, and it's a pretty good lasting product.

Not sure what further benefit you might reap though then coming along again with Souveran?

VW Drew
11-11-2015, 08:18 PM
thank you all for the replies!