PDA

View Full Version : Deer blood

Pages : [1] 2

RFrommann
11-10-2015, 09:51 AM
If this is the wrong place, please move to correct section of the forum.

I had a possible client that reached out to me and inquired about the possibility of removing deer blood from interior panels.

I asked for a couple pictures, but it's pouring out today. Also asked if it's on carpet/plastic/vinyl/leather. As there may be different ways to go bout each.

I do not have a steamer or extractor.
I will buy products that are needed to complete this job, so that I can advertise such jobs.

Now on a less serious level, when asked about this it was quite hard not to reply with "well I haven't been asked to clean up and chrome scenes yet, but I'm willing to try yours"

thank you in advance for any and all help

FUNX650
11-10-2015, 10:48 AM
I had a possible client that reached out to me and inquired about the possibility of removing deer blood from interior panels.

I asked for a couple pictures
If I were you...(and if at all possible)
I'd wait until I saw the crime scene in
person, before committing to a clean-up.

Now on a less serious level
Your Thread title sounds eerily like
the beginning of a lovely sentiment
for a Crips' "Hallmark-moment".

Bob

DetailKitty
11-10-2015, 11:34 AM
I agree with Bob- I'd get pics of the crime scene.

Deer blood on interior panels? W.T.F :eek:

RFrommann
11-10-2015, 11:49 AM
Her husband hunts, and got some blood on rear panels. Carpet is perfectly fine because a tarp was laid down.

I have no problem committing to the detail, as I made it clear I'm not sure if it'll come out, and not sure what the clean up will entail. (they want a detail anyway)

So I'm just trying to prepare myself for tips and tricks for deer blood.

dcjredline
11-10-2015, 12:06 PM
I would imagine deer blood would be protein just like other blood is. So Meguiar's makes a stain removal pair you may want to consider. Its part of the Detailer Line

TRDTACO
11-10-2015, 12:57 PM
I would try some apc and go from there. Allso the sooner you can get to it the better.If its not a delicate area id use a brush and batch of apc mixed with some hot water. Good luck

Bus_Driver
11-10-2015, 02:27 PM

I'm not sure if it'll come out, and not sure what the clean up will entail.

Entail entrail detail.

GSKR
11-10-2015, 05:35 PM
No thanks,if someone called me to remove any kind of bodily substances number one it definitely raises the risk of contracting a illness or disease no amount of money or latex gloves will ever make a decision monetary wise to do it.

conman1395
11-10-2015, 08:08 PM
I've clean a car with blood on all over a door panel (all hard plastic though) and I've been contacted to clean up an interior that someone committed suicide in.

I didn't take the suicide one. They wouldn't tell me what exactly needed to be done in regards to the suicide but that there was a mess resulting from the suicide....

RFrommann
11-10-2015, 08:10 PM
It's only a couple weeks old. But with blood I think once it's dried it's done it's damage.

RFrommann
11-10-2015, 08:11 PM
No thanks,if someone called me to remove any kind of bodily substances number one it definitely raises the risk of contracting a illness or disease no amount of money or latex gloves will ever make a decision monetary wise to do it.

Guess you don't hunt or fish?

RFrommann
11-10-2015, 08:13 PM
I've clean a car with blood on all over a door panel (all hard plastic though) and I've been contacted to clean up an interior that someone committed suicide in.

I didn't take the suicide one. They wouldn't tell me what exactly needed to be done in regards to the suicide but that there was a mess resulting from the suicide....

This is on hard plastic, care to share your plan of action?

I would've passed on the suicide also.

GSKR
11-10-2015, 08:18 PM

Oh man that's a first.

GSKR
11-10-2015, 08:23 PM
Guess you don't hunt or fish? I don't hunt,but have common sense not to put the blasted carcass in the car,where my kids ride in.

LSNAutoDetailing
11-10-2015, 08:27 PM
I agree with Bob- I'd get pics of the crime scene.

Deer blood on interior panels? W.T.F :eek:

LOL, I said the same thing... but didn't post it.

GSKR, I'm with you on this one... But should a job like this come along, I just make "Interior Gal" clean it up, (who is IICRC certified in these kinds of "cleanings")... better her than me... LOL. I'm Exterior Guy. (I'm glad she's not on this fourum...)