PDA

View Full Version : Any pros using the Rupes system?

KS_Detailing
11-10-2015, 07:58 AM
I've been thinking about trying out the system for awhile now. I have used their pads & polishes to polish but not to cut. After reading Mikes new book, which I highly recommended. It's very informative and easy to understand. I've thought about testing out the system exclusively. Right now I'll cut with MF pads, M205,D300, M100,M101 but I'm looking for something that leaves behind a better finish during the correction stage. Most these combos will haze up most paint systems. I'm wondering if the blue pad/ blue compound is aggressive enough. I don't use a rotary so for some really hacked cars I'm cutting MF & M101. Thoughts from the pros?

HUMP DIESEL
11-10-2015, 08:31 AM
I haven't used the system, but I do use the polisher and the pads. The megs line is a great line. Try using that M100 after cutting on a polishing pad to clean up that haze. Most compounds will leave some haze, especially on darker vehicles. It's best if compounding to always think about going with a polish after. I would steer away from trying to one step something if it really needs correction.
M205 sometimes will haze as well on certain paints. It's usually a good idea to always have a back up brand, I like Menzerna.

HUMP

refreshauto
11-10-2015, 09:47 AM
I use it and have great success with it.

Matt@Revive
11-10-2015, 09:58 AM
i use it, i really like it.

i use the blue compound with Meguiars MF cutting discs. in my experience the Rupes compound cuts better and HD Cut and M105 (again, my personal experience).

the only con with the Rupes compound is the dusting, but Mike also explaind that the dusting is a design feature the help remove spent product and removed paint form the working surface.

FUNX650
11-10-2015, 11:57 AM
"Cons"...?
So far: I have not used their entire
system...Just their pads.

RE: "Any pros"...?
Their pads are fantastic!

Bob

Zubair
11-10-2015, 12:37 PM
I use all, I think the Zephir Blue Compound is 1500 Grit and the Meguiars 1200, so Meguiars should have more cut. The Rupes Yellow pad and Keramik polish system is a gem and finishes with an ultra high gloss on hard clears. The yellow pad to me is their best for single steps using any of theirs or other brands polishes and compounds as the finish it leaves is remarkable but still has very decent cut.

dlc95
11-10-2015, 02:00 PM
i use it, i really like it.

i use the blue compound with Meguiars MF cutting discs. in my experience the Rupes compound cuts better and HD Cut and M105 (again, my personal experience).

the only con with the Rupes compound is the dusting, but Mike also explaind that the dusting is a design feature the help remove spent product and removed paint form the working surface.

I've had a similar experience. I've been doing something experimenting with pad priming, and reloading, and seem to have the dusting minimized compared to how it was when I started with the combo.

I also love the aroma of Zephir...

The Duetto is the machine I have.

I agree that the yellow pad, with Keramik is fantastic for finishing. It almost reminds me of Menzerna SF4000 in that it will do light correction, and finishing.

No the that I do need to try their blue foam pads...

Zubair
11-10-2015, 02:07 PM
Just to add, the Meguiars MF cutting discs and their Burgandy foam cutting discs work really well on the Rupes too, and I mean "REALLY" well. SF4000 and Rupes Keramik are indeed really close in cutting and finishing. Zephir is the best smelling polish/compound period, bubblegum milkshake.

Dan Tran
10-30-2018, 06:35 AM
FAST FORWARD TO LATE 2018...

Any pros STILL using the ENTIRE RUPES POLISHING SYSTEM ONLY?

Are you still in love with it like day one or did you move on?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

dlc95
10-30-2018, 08:46 AM
FAST FORWARD TO LATE 2018...

Any pros STILL using the ENTIRE RUPES POLISHING SYSTEM ONLY?

Are you still in love with it like day one or did you move on?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Yep!

Still hate Zephir dusting though.

I might try 3D One, ACA500, and ACA520 with the tools and pads when the ACA arrive.

Mark reports iffy finishing with 3D One with yellow pads on softer paints.

Dan Tran
07-14-2019, 03:39 PM
UPDATE

SINCE having my ORIGINAL RUPES tools stolen from me a while back, I replaced it with the Mille. With the Mille I having using their matching pads, but with Meguiars liquids.

RECENTLY, I invested into the ENTIRE RUPES POLISHING SYSTEM and personally have no regrets. This would be the second time I owned the system.

However, the first time was short lived because one thing led to another and before you know it, I didn’t have much time behind the tools and products and decided to branch out. Obviously there is no laws that state I need to stay within the system...

Ergo, I never aloud myself enough time to learn the ins and out of it.

With that said...

Check this out:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190714/5d46b92245359d86fb651ee99145503f.jpg

RUPES Bigfoot 15 MKIII + Blue Pad + Zephir + RUPES Protective Sealant.

You would think that I did like a 3-Step to this thing.

I remember a thread a while back where Mike got mind blowing results from the same pad and liquid combo. Anyone else feel the same?

High-End Car Detailing at Your Residence * Portsmouth, NH (http://www.thebuffingmoose.com)

Dan Tran
07-14-2019, 03:51 PM
Oh one more thing. I was for sure I would have needed to follow up with a polishing step.

My test spot revealed that this was the winning combination to get the best results.

My second test spot (after RUPES Yellow foam with Keramik) was with RUPES yellow wool pad with Keramik. It removed the defects, but it left a bit of haze (which was expected). So at that point I did need to followup with RUPES yellow foam pad with Keramik to clean it up.

The bottom line is a TEST SPOT is so vital to the point where it can actually save you time.

Instead of doing a Two Step which took me about 6 passes to cut and 2-3 passes to polish, I was able to achieve these results in One Step with...(drum roll please) 3 passes.

It’s nuts!

High-End Car Detailing at Your Residence * Portsmouth, NH (http://www.thebuffingmoose.com)