PDA

View Full Version : New WG Paint Prep with Black Label Paint Coating?

tedj101
11-05-2015, 03:01 PM
Can I use the new WG paint prep or BF paint prep with Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating V2?

Why? I find it easier to use than the Pinnacle polish.

Thanks,
<TED>

Desertnate
11-06-2015, 08:28 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing the answer to this question.

I too prefer the spray form to a thicker liquid that must be used with a polisher.

I also wonder if there is any difference at all between the WG and BF product, of if they simply bottle the same stuff to ensure each brand has a complete product line under one label.

tedj101
11-07-2015, 10:27 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing the answer to this question.

I too prefer the spray form to a thicker liquid that must be used with a polisher.

I also wonder if there is any difference at all between the WG and BF product, of if they simply bottle the same stuff to ensure each brand has a complete product line under one label.

Well, since there has been little traffic on this question. I decided to give it a try. Unfortunately, it began to rain and the truck I was going to try it on is too big to fit in my garage. I did coat a set of wheels using Pinnacle Black Label Surface coating after prepping with Blackfire coating prep and it worked fine. Of course, I don't know whether it will affect longevity which is a critical question for most of us.

Regards,
<TED>

FUNX650
11-07-2015, 12:48 PM
Can I use the new WG paint prep or BF paint prep with Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating V2?

Why? I find it easier to use than the Pinnacle polish.

Using a paint-prep product based on its:
ease of use...may not be the most prudent
course of action, in some cases, IMO.

TO WIT:

From AGO's product application instructions:

"Black Label Diamond Paint Coating should
only be applied to vehicles that have first been
polished with Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish.

This step is crucial as it removes contaminants,
oils, and fillers that would otherwise prevent the
coating from bonding".

Bob

tedj101
11-07-2015, 07:32 PM
Using a paint-prep product based on its:
ease of use...may not be the most prudent
course of action, in some cases, IMO.

TO WIT:

From AGO's product application instructions:

"Black Label Diamond Paint Coating should
only be applied to vehicles that have first been
polished with Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish.

This step is crucial as it removes contaminants,
oils, and fillers that would otherwise prevent the
coating from bonding".

Bob

First, I wasn't choosing a paint prep product strictly because it is easier to use. I was asking if the other product works, because if you have two products that are both equally effective and one is easier to use than the other it would be foolish to choose the harder to use one. I was trying to establish the premise for that choice, not the choice itself.

As to the Black Label product booklet, I have been aware of that statement since it was written two years ago - at a time when there was no Blackfire paint prep and no Uber paint prep. I was trying to see if just maybe these new products were alternatives that were not available when that was written...

<TED>