PDA

View Full Version : small marring showing back up

makdaddy626
09-24-2007, 01:51 PM
It's been a couple of months since I polished and I've noticed some very fine blemishes showing back up. I assume this is from daily driving and bi-weekly washes. I'm very careful when I wash and dry but still... Is this normal or do I need to be looking for serious flaws in my technique? Is it possible to completely illimanate new scratches and swirls or do you just have to re-polish every so often.

The truck is black and I don't think these would even be showing up on a lighter color.

trhland
09-24-2007, 02:06 PM
its normal with all the crap flying around in the air and on the roads . and also with weekly washes you cant help but get marks. i polished my truck with menzerna polish last week and it was flawless and after i washed the truck today i can see some marks on the paint owell. thats life

makdaddy626
09-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Thanks, that makes me feel a little better. How often do you polish?

trhland
09-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Thanks, that makes me feel a little better. How often do you polish?
i do it only once a year . my trucks are huge and it takes me like forever.and i also use the 2 bucket method of washing as well. believe me i was like you obsessed about theses little enoying micro marks on my paint but i got over it and relized if i want it flawless forever i would have to park it in a garage and never drive it . and i didnt pay 45 grand to do that:D so yes i polish every year and wax every 2 monthes and it looks great any swirls that come up will be buffed out the next polishing:D

THENIZZZEIL
09-24-2007, 02:58 PM
its normal with all the crap flying around in the air and on the roads . and also with weekly washes you cant help but get marks. i polished my truck with menzerna polish last week and it was flawless and after i washed the truck today i can see some marks on the paint owell. thats life

i think menzerna is known to have oils that kinda fill in some scratches...unless ur using rotary ?? so thats prolly why if ur car isnt sealed or waxed..or if the wax comes off after a couple weeks/months the oils will then obviously jus wear off and those scratches will show up again

i havent used menzerna on my cars personally, and the cars ive put them on have only had them on for a few weeks...when they get their routine carwash or detail in the next month or so ill let you know!

but i think if you have a good sealant it woudl prevent those scratches/micro scratches from showin up

trhland
09-24-2007, 02:59 PM
i think menzerna is known to have oils that kinda fill in some scratches...unless ur using rotary ?? so thats prolly why if ur car isnt sealed or waxed..or if the wax comes off after a couple weeks/months the oils will then obviously jus wear off and those scratches will show up again

i havent used menzerna on my cars personally, and the cars ive put them on have only had them on for a few weeks...when they get their routine carwash or detail in the next month or so ill let you know!

but i think if you have a good sealant it woudl prevent those scratches/micro scratches from showin up
i did an alcohol wipe down after i polished to remove anyfillers

makdaddy626
09-24-2007, 03:10 PM
i did an alcohol wipe down after i polished to remove anyfillers

Same here. Also, this is a fairly new truck and I'm sure that some of these are new scratches and not previously hidden ones. Also, after polishing I...
did a 50-50 alcohol wipe down
applied wg polish enhancer for cleaning
applied wg deep gloss paint sealant
applied a couple of coats of MaxWax

so I don't think it's the results of not having a proper LSP applied.

ScottB
09-24-2007, 06:13 PM
It's been a couple of months since I polished and I've noticed some very fine blemishes showing back up. I assume this is from daily driving and bi-weekly washes. I'm very careful when I wash and dry but still... Is this normal or do I need to be looking for serious flaws in my technique? Is it possible to completely illimanate new scratches and swirls or do you just have to re-polish every so often.

The truck is black and I don't think these would even be showing up on a lighter color.

usually most swirls come from washing and drying techniques as you offered. I have found foam gun / 1 bucket method , blow drying with leaf blower, using qd'er with guzzler, and straight motions are biggest benefits in these two areas.

trhland
09-24-2007, 06:16 PM
usually most swirls come from washing and drying techniques as you offered. I have found foam gun / 1 bucket method , blow drying with leaf blower, using qd'er with guzzler, and straight motions are biggest benefits in these two areas.
:whs::whs:

makdaddy626
09-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the advice. I live in an apartment with a car wash station so a foam gun isn't an option for me. I do use a shmitt and spray it off between each panel. Dry with a leaf blower, followed by a QD and usually a super plush cobra mf towel (the guzzler seems like overkill after using the blower). These small imperfections are only noticable when the light is exactly right. Not sure if it's possible to completely avoid them or not.