PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide please

Pages : [1] 2

SeanChav
11-04-2015, 02:06 PM
I am just starting out in my side work detailing.... not trying to get rich or anything, just make a little extra money doing something I enjoy.... so far my first couple jobs were simple wash and waxes, and its looking like that's gonna be the vast majority of my work as I have a couple more coming up.

my dilemma is on which wax/sealant to use.... I used CG butter wax on my first 2 customers cars and I have enough left to do my next 2 jobs....the butter wax looks good but the durability is terrible.... I'm wanting something with decent durability and good looks....I know there's good stuff out there like collinite, Wolfgang etc etc but I know collinite can be finicky if not applied thinly and I don't want to worry about the cure time for Wolfgang with our on/off rain storms here.

I want something simple and easy to use with about 2-3 months durability at least....no big preference on WOWA or WOWO but if it's WOWO the easier application and wipe off the better....I was originally going to just go with Meg's ultimate liquid wax due to its OTC availability, but I thought I'd ask u guys and hear ur opinions as I'm a newB to this and have a narrow window of experience still.

thx, Sean

Mantilgh
11-04-2015, 02:13 PM
Optimum Car Wax and Optimum Opti-Seal. Both very easy to use and good durability. You do not need much of either to do a job. D156, or Ultimate Quik Wax, for those who just want a wash.

If using OCW in the heat/sun just run the hose over the panel before applying.

SeanChav
11-04-2015, 02:27 PM
Optimum Car Wax and Optimum Opti-Seal. Both very easy to use and good durability. You do not need much of either to do a job. D156 for those who just want a wash.

If using OCW in the heat/sun just run the hose over the panel before applying.

I have d156 and love it....also have optiseal that use for door jambs and small nooks, I haven't tried it on a whole car yet though.... I've heard good stuff about OCW, how longs the durability on it?

what about a WOWO?....I know I've read that some ppl have had customers that prefer the whole "wax on wax off" instead of a simple spray sealant....I'm guessing cuz most ppl don't know the difference or think that a sealant like optiseal or OCW is short changing them

Mantilgh
11-04-2015, 02:28 PM
I just realized I have Meguiar's "Shine as you dry Quik Wax" not "Ultimate Quik Wax". I don't know if there is much difference between the two or not. Works well though. Kinda smells like lemon Pledge.

Mantilgh
11-04-2015, 02:40 PM
Opti-Seal is pretty much WOWA as long as you don't use to much, but it's hard because you can't really see it and want to apply more to know its there. And OCW is almost that way too.

OCW durability is supposed to be around 5 months I think. I usually say 3-5, or better that the average OTC paste wax.

Yeah, I'm kinda torn on the spray wax thing and people not knowing how good OCW is, but I haven't had anyone say "hey you didn't (paste) wax my car, you just sprayed something on there".

Meg's Ultimate Liquid wax should provide decent durability.

SeanChav
11-04-2015, 03:04 PM
I may just pick up a bottle of OCW and ultimate liquid wax and try them on separate cars and see how each turns out....even though I don't "wax" my cars I still enjoy the whole process from time to time

GSKR
11-04-2015, 05:04 PM
Four star paint protection is a sealant ,I've used and continue to use this product and get awesome results with it.Its 30 bucks and so so easy to remove with proper claying or not it provides such a slick feel to it.For maximum results there's probably a cure time ,but I don't go by that I apply it to monthly maintenance vehicles in the blazing Florida sun,and return month after month with hydrophobic beading .Its one of the best products as far as ease of use there is no effort to remove at all no dusting no smearing or hazing,I'm a stickler when it comes to products and not afraid to tell you that a product sucks,everyone has there own opinion on products which is great and informative but I can tell you for 29 dollars with the polycharger you definetly can go wrong good luck and have fun.

SeanChav
11-04-2015, 05:13 PM
awesome thx, I'll have to check it out.... this past month I've made a couple large orders of a couple hundred dollars each, and I thought I was set for a while but yet I find my wish list piling back up lol

GSKR
11-04-2015, 05:21 PM
Your so welcome.

AnthonyGXP
11-04-2015, 05:37 PM
I may just pick up a bottle of OCW and ultimate liquid wax and try them on separate cars and see how each turns out....even though I don't "wax" my cars I still enjoy the whole process from time to time

You can't beat Meg's ULW for ease of use and durability of any over the counter product!

DaveT435
11-04-2015, 05:41 PM
Ultima Paint Guard Plus. I've seen almost 2 years on a garage kept car with a little less than average driving washed on an average of every other week. I put two coats on and all the washes were done my me so they were proper washes.

FUNX650
11-04-2015, 05:50 PM
Here's a really good Sealant:

Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax, high melt polymer car wax, Finish care auto wax (http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-1000p-wax.html)

~$18.00 for a 15oz. tub...
{that's pert near a life-time supply! :dblthumb2:}

Bob

glfnaz
11-04-2015, 06:04 PM
Sean

If you want a couple samples I can get you:

@ 6-8 oz of OCW--you can do a sedan with 1-1.5 oz

@ 4 oz of Collinite 845--a sedan only needs 1.5 oz

I live in Snotsdale, not far from you. You just need to meet me half way such as mesa / tempe / chandler. I was just in San tan valley last Friday. And don't worry, I have plenty of these.

contact me at sfft77 at cox dot net

SeanChav
11-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Ultima Paint Guard Plus. I've seen almost 2 years on a garage kept car with a little less than average driving washed on an average of every other week. I put two coats on and all the washes were done my me so they were proper washes.

I already have optiseal, which seems very similar but thx anyways

Here's a really good Sealant:

Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax, high melt polymer car wax, Finish care auto wax (http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-1000p-wax.html)

~$18.00 for a 15oz. tub...
{that's pert near a life-time supply! :dblthumb2:}

Bob

thx Bob, I will look into that for my "wax on wax off" treatment wax

SeanChav
11-04-2015, 06:09 PM
Sean

If you want a couple samples I can get you:

@ 6-8 oz of OCW--you can do a sedan with 1-1.5 oz

@ 4 oz of Collinite 845--a sedan only needs 1.5 oz

I live in Snotsdale, not far from you. You just need to meet me half way such as mesa / tempe / chandler. I was just in San tan valley last Friday. And don't worry, I have plenty of these.

contact me at sfft77 at cox dot net

Awesome!!!.... I'm sending a email to u now