PDA

View Full Version : CQuartz Leather - Question

Heisenberg
11-04-2015, 01:36 PM
Have a question I already posed on the CarPro Forums but wanted to ask here as well for anyone with experience.

On AG's website here's the verbiage for the product: CarPro Cquartz Leather Coating is perfect for light colored leather because it protects against dye transfer from clothing.

From CarPro's website: Avoid use on white/light colored interiors

I was planning to use it on a light interior. Is this just old copy or something, from an earlier version(which I understand was not easy to use) or what?

GSKR
11-04-2015, 05:19 PM
Don't waste your money,I did a expedition brand new with it,carpro makes great products the fabric guard works great.The customer pointed out dye transfer on a passenger seat only being applied a month earlier no success with cleaning it up.So then I bought leather master ink and dye removal with zero results. Went to Walmart bought shout stain remover got 80 percent of it better with a hour of lightly brushing the leather,if anyone who knows a better way of removing dye transfer I'm all ears,it's a big promblem with light colored interiors thanks.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
11-04-2015, 08:10 PM
What color are you looking at applying on? I've applied on super light color leather, except for white. Apply at least 2 coats. I apply 3 to drivers. Its a great product.

GSKR
11-04-2015, 08:45 PM
Doesn't lastlong enough.

GenesisCoupe
11-04-2015, 10:31 PM
If you are unsure use another leather coating.

I have Gtechnic leather guard on my personal car, but often use Opti-coat leather coating on customers cars.

No problem applying on light colors for both products.

Heisenberg
11-04-2015, 11:02 PM
Non white just very light. Thanks John.

I got it already with the 25% off sale and a gift card so no harm no foul if it doesnt work out....

98LowRanger
11-04-2015, 11:22 PM
I was going to apply Cquartz leather coating to a customers seats soon...is there a longer lasting (better) alternative? Just wondering because it doesn't sound like you guys are very impressed with it.

parttimer
11-05-2015, 09:58 AM
This is just my experience, new Lincoln, white interior and about a month old. Car already had dye transfer. I applied Cquartz Leather, one coat went on fine. Second coat, ONE spot, passenger seat, I got this:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachments/auto-detailing-101/37892d1444655997t-need-some-cquartz-leather-help-uploadfromtaptalk1444655993294.jpg

Talk about a holy crap, ### moment. I was able to remove it with APC and magic eraser. Only suggestion I got was test in inconspicuous area. Well I did the WHOLE car one time with no issues. On the second coat is when that reared up. Its been on for a month and so far nothing has been said. I have not heard good news on the product though, everyone says pour durability.

trashmanssd
11-05-2015, 10:04 AM
I just bought it to try on my brothers Designo White (sorta off white) leather in his Mercedes to stop the dye transfer from his jeans. Now I think I will just use the Leather master I also ordered dye transfer remover and blocker. I can test Cquartz on my tundra black leather.

Heisenberg
11-05-2015, 10:44 AM
Wow, I did not expect such a bad response about CQL. I've always liked other CarPro offerings.

I guess I need to do a comprehensive review if there is so much negativity and differing opinions on it. :Picture:

98LowRanger
11-05-2015, 12:41 PM
There doesn't seem to be any alternative (non pro for any consumer to buy) leather coating to Cquartz. I'd love to get my hands on some Opti-guard :( Gtechniq has Leather Guard...anyone have any experience with it?

Heisenberg
11-05-2015, 12:44 PM
An alternative would probably be Pinnacle Black Label leather & vinyl coating.

98LowRanger
11-05-2015, 11:28 PM
Yes, I realize we aren't suppose to talk about items not sold on Autogeek, but ultimately this forum is to share knowledge right? Has anyone tried Dr. Beasley's Leather Lock coating???

expdetailing
11-06-2015, 12:29 AM
On the dye transfer side of things; I usually have luck with degreaser. If that doesn't work, usually hair-spray works. Sometimes alcohol will work too.
However, if you needed to be super gentle, use that waterless mechanic's hand soap that's available in auto stores. The soap is white, non-greasy, near odorless, and cleans-up very well.