PDA

View Full Version : Four Star UPP - New Formula?

Pages : [1] 2

AMarkham40
11-04-2015, 08:26 AM
Just picked up my third bottle of UPP. (only sealant I have ever used) I noticed the warning label on the back is different from my previous bottle.

Previous bottle purchased around 2011 says: "Warning: contains refined mineral spirits. Protect from freezing"

New bottle says: :Warning: contains V.O.C free petroleum hydrocarbon. Protect from freezing.

I do know the bottle I purchased in 2011 was a new formula because it contained the polycharger additive. Has something changed again?

Hoytman
11-04-2015, 08:46 AM
All I can tell you is:

I was on their site yesterday looking around at their products, particularly UPP and noticed the warning of the product containing refined mineral spirits.

Sounds to me like they haven't update their information on their site.

DaveT435
11-04-2015, 09:01 AM
I believe they are probably the same thing...or close. I think petroleum hydrocarbon covers more of a broad range of chemicals. Maybe Bob will chime in I'm sure he would know. If you were to get the MSDS sheets on both you should be able to find out. Or ask Bob lol

Setec Astronomy
11-04-2015, 11:14 AM
I wouldn't get too exercised on the difference, it might even be exactly the same but they just wanted to label it as VOC compliant.

AMarkham40
11-04-2015, 11:51 AM
I tried emailing them off the "Contact Us" page from their website but the email address came back as "undeliverable".

FUNX650
11-04-2015, 11:55 AM
Having a "V.O.C.-free" classification,
can even refer to as being: V.O.C.-exempt.

Bob

AUJEEPGIRL
07-11-2016, 02:00 PM
Just used new and improved formula, it streaked like crazy. Have loved the older product, bad thing is I just bought 3 bottles of new formula. My email got returned also!!

Rsurfer
07-11-2016, 02:07 PM
Just used new and improved formula, it streaked like crazy. Have loved the older product, bad thing is I just bought 3 bottles of new formula. My email got returned also!!

Ouch, not what I wanted to hear. The same thing happened when they changed the formula on Ultima Tire and Trim Guard. No one talks about it anymore.

mwoolfso
07-11-2016, 04:24 PM
Having a "V.O.C.-free" classification,
can even refer to as being: V.O.C.-exempt.
Bob

This helps... how???

ScottB
07-11-2016, 04:40 PM
I know they were working on some stuff at Detailfest ... I am sure if it was updated its even better. Still a hidden gem !!!!

Rsurfer
07-11-2016, 06:16 PM

I know they were working on some stuff at Detailfest ... I am sure if it was updated its even better. Still a hidden gem !!!!

Looks like AUJEEPGIRL doesn't agree with you Scott.:props:

AUJEEPGIRL
07-15-2016, 10:07 AM
My husband called and talked with them, they are sending out replacements for those in case we got a bad batch , guy he talked to was super nice and said he'd figure out what was going on. We've always loved the 4 star!! Great customer service!

FUNX650
07-15-2016, 12:59 PM
This helps... how???
It took you 9 months, and this is
the best you could come up with?

Bob

GSKR
07-15-2016, 02:15 PM
Just bought some on Thursday will try it on a dark Benz hood in a couple of minutes.

GSKR
07-15-2016, 02:30 PM
Just tried some on a hood so hot and works great as usual,no streaks or dusting and effortless removal.my bottles say voc free and with polycharger.