PDA

View Full Version : Foam gun vs foam cannon

NikonGuy
11-03-2015, 09:39 AM
I have been using a foam gun for a few years now with regular water hose. Just purchased a pressure washer and foam cannon is on it's way.

Just wanted to know what are the build differences from gun to cannon. Can't I just hook up my foam gun to pressure washer. Will it suds the same? What it break due to pressure?

What internally is the difference between the two that they can't be used interchangeably?

Bunky
11-03-2015, 11:41 AM
The foam gun is not rated for the pressure so it would be an instant mess if you could physically connect it.

NikonGuy
11-04-2015, 02:19 PM
Good to know

DasBurninator
11-04-2015, 03:10 PM
Foam Gun is for a regular hose and doesn't produce nearly the same foam.
Foam Cannon is for a pressure washer.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
11-04-2015, 03:11 PM
The foam gun I had (Walmart not bad lol)

Is easier to take off the foam tank and you would have easy access to the hose.

The foam cannon is still easy to switch heads however I run a detail shop and when it gets hectic I quite often mis place the tip, and walk around looking for it.

But that's me I'm bad at stuff like that.

That would be the downfall is switching the tips to rinse and apply

TuxedoTaurus
11-04-2015, 04:21 PM
The foam gun I had (Walmart not bad lol)

Is easier to take off the foam tank and you would have easy access to the hose.

The foam cannon is still easy to switch heads however I run a detail shop and when it gets hectic I quite often mis place the tip, and walk around looking for it.

But that's me I'm bad at stuff like that.

That would be the downfall is switching the tips to rinse and apply

I'm the same way. The best thing I purchased is a utility cart. I put everything I need on it and don't miss place things when I need them.

custmsprty
11-04-2015, 04:40 PM
By the time I haul my pressure wash out, plug it in, connect the water etc I'm already half way done washing my vehicle with my foam gun. I'll stick with my foam gun.

custmsprty
11-04-2015, 04:44 PM
Foam Gun is for a regular hose and doesn't produce nearly the same foam.
Foam Cannon is for a pressure washer.

Have you ever tried CG Snow Foam? It produces a huge amount of foam in a foam gun. Tons of foam.

The amount of foam produced really has nothing to do with the foam gun vs the pressure washer. It has to do with the chemical make up and the dilution ratio in use. The foam gun also has an adjustment on top to control this along with being dependent on how much cleaner to water ratio you put in the jar.