PDA

View Full Version : Hard time removing Uber

Pages : [1] 2

DetailKitty
11-02-2015, 09:07 PM
I finally used my Uber All in One over the weekend on a client's car. Though it went on easy, smelled nice and polished well, it was TERRIBLY hard to take off.
I don't know if I used too much or what. I applied it in my garage. It was 65 degrees and low humidity.
Any suggestions would be great. Thx.

Mantilgh
11-02-2015, 09:40 PM
I bought it not to long ago and have only done two test spots on my farm truck.

From reading up on it they say it's best to wipe the residue off in a minute or less.

I bought it for its claimed protection and cut, though I thought it would have cut a little better with how far it is up on the polish chart. But then again, two test spots on one vehicle is not really fair judgement.

What did you think of it besides the difficulty to remove?

DetailKitty
11-03-2015, 10:21 AM
Thx... at first I tried removing a section immediately, but it seemed so greasy and just smeared, so the rest I let sit for a bit. That didn't work well either.

I liked the polishing it did- took out some superficial swirls with ease. And I liked the smell.

parttimer
11-03-2015, 01:53 PM
The few times I have used it I enjoyed the long working time and I thought it wiped easily. I even tried it with denim pads with no issues. What pad, machine, paint were you on?

DetailKitty
11-03-2015, 02:01 PM
The few times I have used it I enjoyed the long working time and I thought it wiped easily. I even tried it with denim pads with no issues. What pad, machine, paint were you on?

I complete cleaned, IronX'd and clayed the paint before. It was a 2011 Black MINI Cooper Clubman. Black was metallic. All cool to the touch being in the garage.

I used an orange Hybrid pad with my Flex.

Audios S6
11-03-2015, 03:27 PM
I complete cleaned, IronX'd and clayed the paint before. It was a 2011 Black MINI Cooper Clubman. Black was metallic. All cool to the touch being in the garage.

I used an orange Hybrid pad with my Flex.

Was there any residual moisture in the pad from cleaning? I have had problems with a few polishes that were very hard to remove if there was any moisture in the pad. At least for me, hybrids hold a lot of water and need to be spun at high speed if you are using a pad washer on the fly

GSKR
11-03-2015, 03:54 PM
I use it outside in the heat no promblems wiping it off.

DetailKitty
11-03-2015, 04:02 PM
Was there any residual moisture in the pad from cleaning? I have had problems with a few polishes that were very hard to remove if there was any moisture in the pad. At least for me, hybrids hold a lot of water and need to be spun at high speed if you are using a pad washer on the fly

Brand new pad out of the wrapper.

custmsprty
11-03-2015, 05:58 PM
I'm wondering if this stuff is close to the same formulation as Menz 3-n-1 as Wolfgang has noted they share some commonalities with Menzerna and it came out around the same time frame. I have used that and I wiped it off as I went along. It wasn't overly difficult to wipe off but I definitely got the feeling I needed to use it like a polish and wipe it off as I went along. I definitely prefer HD Speed over the Menzerna aio. I leave it on and wipe it off after finishing the whole vehicle and wipe off is a dream. I haven't used my Menz since picking up HD Speed 8 months ago.

KBsToy
11-03-2015, 06:02 PM
I had same problem with Menzerna 3 n 1.

Finemess
11-03-2015, 06:52 PM
I've used it a couple times with a white pad and never had any trouble wiping off.

Paul@Autogeek
11-03-2015, 07:17 PM
How did you use it?

I have found that to keep Uber AIO Easy to wipe off the I had to do the following :
No more than 5 Section passes
Speed 4 on my Flex, or 5 on my Meguiars G110v2

If I push the AIO any longer, or use a higher speed than it becomes difficult to remove as you mentioned.

Mantilgh
11-03-2015, 08:28 PM
Hum, good to know.

Thanks Paul.

DetailKitty
11-03-2015, 09:07 PM
Instructions said use on medium. I used the Flex on 4.
Wiping it off right away seemed too soon. It was greasy and smeary. Leaving it on for 30 min was a nightmare.

Klasse Act
11-03-2015, 09:59 PM
Monica, maybe due to the time of the year it was a little too cool outside, where you in the garage? Was the heater on?