PDA

View Full Version : Rupes Duetto with 3" backing plate....What a perfect world it would be :)

Pages : [1] 2

Buracho
11-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Hello everyone!
So I came across a 3 inch backing plate for the Rupes LHR75 3 Pneumatic DA Polisher and I am wondering if it would fit the Duetto :props:
I am praying to the Gods it will fit the Rupes Duetto with little (washer mod) or no modification.
Has any one actually tried this??
It would be great if somebody with the Rupes 3 inch Pneumatic DA post dimensions of the backing plate. Thanks in advance.:)

7.3powerstroke
11-02-2015, 02:15 PM
There is a place that has a 3" backing plate that mounts on the Duetto.

Buracho
11-02-2015, 02:34 PM
There is a place that has a 3" backing plate that mounts on the Duetto.

Are you sure? Can you give me links please so that I can place an order.

Nicholls
11-02-2015, 04:09 PM
Kamikaze make a 3 inch backing plate for the Duetto. I have one. It works good.:xyxthumbs:

Todd@RUPES
11-02-2015, 05:10 PM
It's called an LHR 75E Mini ;)

Mantilgh
11-02-2015, 05:20 PM
^ This is pretty much what the LHR 75E Mini is plus the properly weighted counter balance and shroud.

The LHR 75E Mini backing plate can be modified slightly to fit onto the Duetto, but it will not be balanced. There is about a 100g difference in the weigh of it and the regular backing plate.

The Kamikaze one should be balanced. I wish Rupes made one!

Buracho
11-03-2015, 01:52 AM
It's called an LHR 75E Mini ;)

^ This is pretty much what the LHR 75E Mini is plus the properly weighted counter balance and shroud.

The LHR 75E Mini backing plate can be modified slightly to fit onto the Duetto, but it will not be balanced. There is about a 100g difference in the weigh of it and the regular backing plate.

The Kamikaze one should be balanced. I wish Rupes made one!

Thanks for the reply Guys. So I've checked out Kamikaze and they do make 3" BP for the Duetto:xyxthumbs: I am aware the Mini is just a Duetto with 3 inch pad ;) But versatility was what I had in mind here anyway Like @Mantilgh said if there is a 100g difference what Kamikaze obviously did was make the their BP 100g heavier right? Which is easy to do but I havent seen a replacement BP for the Mini on sale only for the Pneumatic one. Are they the same.
Can you confirm on the weight of the BP @Nicholls.
Thanks in advance. Cheers.

LimitlessDetail
11-03-2015, 02:04 AM
Thanks for the reply Guys. So I've checked out Kamikaze and they do make 3" BP for the Duetto:xyxthumbs: I am aware the Mini is just a Duetto with 3 inch pad ;) But versatility was what I had in mind here anyway Like @Mantilgh said if there is a 100g difference what Kamikaze obviously did was make the their BP 100g heavier right? Which is easy to do but I havent seen a replacement BP for the Mini on sale only for the Pneumatic one. Are they the same.
Can you confirm on the weight of the BP @Nicholls.
Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Dont forget any use of 3rd party backing plate voids the warranty that comes with the machine...Something to keep in mine.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
11-03-2015, 04:10 AM
So can you put a 5 inch bp on the mini ?????

Buracho
11-03-2015, 11:27 AM
Hmmm....good question. I think It certainly has the power to handle it and would be economical Atwell
Anyone?

Buracho
11-03-2015, 11:30 AM
Dont forget any use of 3rd party backing plate voids the warranty that comes with the machine...Something to keep in mine.

True that.
Thanks.

Buracho
11-03-2015, 11:35 AM
So can you put a 5 inch bp on the mini ?????

Hmmm....didn't think of that. I think I has more than adequate Power to handel 5 - 5.5 inch pads and will be economical as well. Balancing is going to be an issue like Duetto tho.
Anyone care to input?

custmsprty
11-03-2015, 06:57 PM
I have the 15, the Duetto and the Mini. As Mike Phillips has stated in the past, these tools are all part of a system. If you do this as a profession you'll have more than one tool as they are needed for different situations. If you're doing this as a hobby and don't have the extra cash for multiple machines I would suggest a PC or GG6 that you can use different LC BP's on. I wouldn't try to put a 3" BP on my Duetto or a 5" BP on my Mini. This isn't what they were designed for. Just a note, the mini has a smaller ring arounf the BP, if you put a 3" BP on a Duetto you don't necessarily get into tighter area because the bp ring is much wider and you will bump into things like mirrors etc.

Buracho
11-04-2015, 11:49 AM
I have the 15, the Duetto and the Mini. As Mike Phillips has stated in the past, these tools are all part of a system. If you do this as a profession you'll have more than one tool as they are needed for different situations. If you're doing this as a hobby and don't have the extra cash for multiple machines I would suggest a PC or GG6 that you can use different LC BP's on. I wouldn't try to put a 3" BP on my Duetto or a 5" BP on my Mini. This isn't what they were designed for. Just a note, the mini has a smaller ring arounf the BP, if you put a 3" BP on a Duetto you don't necessarily get into tighter area because the bp ring is much wider and you will bump into things like mirrors etc.

Thanks for the reply. It makes total sense. I am a hobbies and I just wanted the best of both worlds:dblthumb2: haha
I will go with the Kamikaze then. Cheers

Mantilgh
11-04-2015, 12:51 PM
I'd post a picture of the 3" BP on the Duetto if the gallery wasn't acting up.

It probably won't help to much getting into tighter places, maybe just better for working on thiner areas like B-pillars.