PDA

View Full Version : UV/IR curing lights...

Sizzle Chest
10-31-2015, 11:34 PM
Can anyone give me some info on 'curing' lights for coatings? What are you using/benefits/etc?

Thank you!

Sizzle

SameGuy
11-01-2015, 12:50 AM
I use a (fairly expensive "for what it is") UV lamp from the supplier of my headlamp coating. I don't have IR lamps, but they are widely used in body shops and by pro detailers installing Finest and OCP.

rbos
11-01-2015, 02:00 PM
Can anyone give me some info on 'curing' lights for coatings? What are you using/benefits/etc?

Thank you!

Sizzle
go to Black Label Wax.com $100:xyxthumbs:

medicscott
11-01-2015, 03:30 PM
I use a Infratech medium wave lamp. To be honest the coating manufacturer recommends using it to cure the coating faster and increase hardness. I have no idea if it's "working" but I do it. You should have at least 2 otherwise it will really slow you down.

Sizzle Chest
11-01-2015, 05:04 PM
go to Black Label Wax.com $100:xyxthumbs:

Thank you!

I use a Infratech medium wave lamp. To be honest the coating manufacturer recommends using it to cure the coating faster and increase hardness. I have no idea if it's "working" but I do it. You should have at least 2 otherwise it will really slow you down.

Thanks for that info!

parttimer
11-01-2015, 07:45 PM
I've been eyeballing the infratech speedray for coatings, just haven't dropped the three bills.

Detail-Impressions
11-01-2015, 09:32 PM
For coating short wave curing light works best, but I do know others that use others.

medicscott
11-01-2015, 10:18 PM
For coating short wave curing light works best, but I do know others that use others.

From my very limited understanding you only save about 3 minutes using the short wave over the medium. Besides getting hotter faster, I'm not sure the cost difference justifies the short wave purchase which is a lot higher.

SameGuy
11-02-2015, 01:50 AM
You could also use the two-bank shortwave for curing powder coat.