PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang coating questions

Pages : [1] 2

Dmb5450
10-30-2015, 02:55 PM
This will be my first time using a coating. The main reason for the purchase is to protect my wheels during the winter months here in PA. In the past I put plastidip on the wheels for my winter protection.

I have been curious about coating for a while and decided this would be my excuse to try them out. I went with the new Wolfgang option due to its variety of uses. I have a few questions prior to my order arriving. Some answers I was able to find on other forum posts on autogeek but still wanted to verify my research.

First question: will the Wolfgang coating be good enough protection for my wheels, I believe my research found that multiple coating coats won't work in increased protection?

Second: I love waxing/sealing my car, it's therapeutic. If I apply the coating to my paint can I still wax the car or is that counterproductive to the point of a coating?

Third: will this coating replace my need for g1 window coating?

Fourth: autogeek states this coating is for many surfaces, is there any interior application?

Thanks to everyone in advance!

Nick McKees37
10-30-2015, 03:25 PM
This will be my first time using a coating. The main reason for the purchase is to protect my wheels during the winter months here in PA. In the past I put plastidip on the wheels for my winter protection.

I have been curious about coating for a while and decided this would be my excuse to try them out. I went with the new Wolfgang option due to its variety of uses. I have a few questions prior to my order arriving. Some answers I was able to find on other forum posts on autogeek but still wanted to verify my research.

First question: will the Wolfgang coating be good enough protection for my wheels, I believe my research found that multiple coating coats won't work in increased protection?

It's a great choice to protect your wheels through the winter months. The only reason to apply a second coat would be to ensure uniform coverage.

Second: I love waxing/sealing my car, it's therapeutic. If I apply the coating to my paint can I still wax the car or is that counterproductive to the point of a coating?

Yes, just make sure you use a finishing wax with no abrasives or cleaners. Wolfgang Fuzion is an example of a finishing wax.

Third: will this coating replace my need for g1 window coating?

Yes.

Fourth: autogeek states this coating is for many surfaces, is there any interior application?

Technically you could apply it to any hard, smooth, glossy interior trim, like decorative wood or carbon fiber.

Thanks to everyone in advance!

You're welcome! :props:

Dmb5450
10-30-2015, 03:33 PM
Nick, thank you for the speedy reply! You answered all of my questions very fully. You guys are awesome at autogeek. Keep making great products and offering great service!

conman1395
10-30-2015, 04:03 PM
Nick, do you have to treat it like Cquartz in the sense that you need to use a water-based wax/sealant?

Nick McKees37
10-30-2015, 04:13 PM
Nick, do you have to treat it like Cquartz in the sense that you need to use a water-based wax/sealant?

If you want to get really technical - then yes. :)

Old school/cheaper waxes with high octane solvents (the ones that smell like gasoline), tend to have a "cleaning" effect because of the aggressiveness of the solvents used in the formulation. For this reason I would consider such a product a "cleaning" wax.

boatmangc
10-30-2015, 04:19 PM
Can this be applied to exterior plastics, Black trim etc?
Headlights?

Nick McKees37
10-30-2015, 04:24 PM
Can this be applied to exterior plastics, Black trim etc?
Headlights?

Paint, wheels, glass, plastic, headlights, chrome, etc. Any hard exterior surface will benefit from Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating.

boatmangc
10-30-2015, 04:26 PM
I have a Sprinter van that has black plastic trim down the sides and the entire grille. Good there too?

Thanks for the quick response Nick!!!

GSKR
10-30-2015, 04:36 PM
What's the shelf life ,same as other coatings.

Mp0wer
10-30-2015, 04:57 PM
What's the shelf life ,same as other coatings.

18 months

GSKR
10-30-2015, 05:00 PM
18 months

Thank you

boatmangc
10-31-2015, 06:49 PM
Started prepping the Sprinter today
Nanoskin Mitt
Pinnacle Black label surface cleaner....Screwed myself there... I didn't tape off the plastic trim down one side....New project.. Mineral spirits won't touch it on the plastic. What do I do to get it off?

Wow this is a HUGE van, long wheel base high roof extended body, I expected to finish in one day,,, Yeah right.

TRDTACO
10-31-2015, 07:42 PM
I just recently tried the mothers back to black trim cleaner and it worked very well!

StangFan25
10-31-2015, 09:03 PM
I just recently tried the mothers back to black trim cleaner and it worked very well!

I used it a couple weeks ago and agree. Excellent product.

Dmb5450
11-01-2015, 08:35 AM
When Nick stated to use a finishing wax such as Fuzion, would midnight sun paste wax also be acceptable?

If I used Blackfire rinseless and waterless washes for maintenance would Thant have any impact on the coating?