PDA

View Full Version : Interior cleaning questions

j.dy
10-30-2015, 02:41 AM
Hey guys. We purchased a Mazda cx-5 earlier this year and it's time to clean, condition and protect the interior. It has perforated leather seats and I've read that you're supposed to use a different cleaner/conditioner for it. So far I've only wiped it down with distilled water and an MF. Anyway, I have a 1 year old so I'm looking for something that has low odor and is safe for him. I'm hoping you guys can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Here's a list of things I already have. My wife won't let me use the first 2 due to the odor.
-DP interior cleaner.
-Pinnacle leather cleaner and conditioner
-Megs QID
-303 AP
-smart cleaner (haven't used this one so far)

AGOatemywallet
10-30-2015, 10:55 AM
Pictures Please

jsgntulok
10-30-2015, 11:15 AM
Check out the Leather Master line of products, especially cleaner and protectant. The leather in your Mazda is coated so conditioning serves no purpose.

ScubaCougr
10-30-2015, 11:53 AM
I've also heard good things about Woolite in a 10% solution, and I personally use all purpose cleaner at a 10% solution for my business. At those dilutions, smell is likely to be a non-issue.

As jsgn said, almost all automotive leather is coated to be very durable. With perforated seats (and seat heaters, I'm guessing), I'd spray the cloth not the seat and focus on not soaking the leather.

j.dy
10-30-2015, 04:03 PM
Thanks guys!

Pictures Please

Of the leather?

AGOatemywallet
10-30-2015, 04:07 PM
Thanks

They look clean and none of the dreaded white accent stitching

Perforated, so as described earlier, apply whatever you are using to a MF instead of directly to the seat

With regular maintenance, you may not need anything more than a wipe down with distiller and a MF

Since they are painted leather, the conditioner is of little relevance