PDA

View Full Version : My New Shmitts

HighEndDetail
09-23-2007, 10:29 PM
A few months back I had called and talked to Aaron at Edge. About a problem I had with the black wheel shmitt. My problem was, I felt like my fingers were going to poke through while cleaning the wheels. I had no problem with the white shmitt. And asked Aaron if it was possible to make the shmitt with a little reinforcement in the middle. Well about a week later I had a box at my door from Dedication to Detail, Inc.

Two new Shmitts, a white/yellow and a black one. And they both had a little extra inside. As you can see from the pics. And also came with a string.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m70/Zainodude/Zainodude1/IMG_3663Bshmitt.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m70/Zainodude/Zainodude1/IMG_3665Wshmitt.jpg

It looks like the back part of a velcro pad inside. It gives a little stiffer feel while cleaning. Same shmitt softness as my old one had. These ones rock.My old shmitt, had well over 100 wash'es to it. And I gave it to a vette owner to use. Besides a few rips in it, it worked great. And the glue never seperated.
I fill my bucket, put in the shmitt. To soak up the water this makes it easier to put my hand in without the glue serperating. They took a good product and made it better, in my book.
Thanks Aaron for listening

P1et
09-23-2007, 10:51 PM
That's fantastic! I just sent Aaron a PM about an issue that I'm having with my ShMITT and it looks like the above is a remedy to just that! The hole where you put your hand has torn on both sides so that you cannot really use it anymore. And you're right: your finger will eventually poke right through it, strange.

Maybe I'm using it wrong???

AL417
09-24-2007, 06:48 AM
My Wheel ShMITT got a blowout after a decent amount of uses but not tons. I'm on my second one and I can feel the center part beginning to thin out like the first one. My fingers are just about to poke through again. That middle part looks like it will prevent this from happening. It's good to see that the Edge is always looking to improve a good product.

HighEndDetail
09-24-2007, 05:26 PM
The hole where you put your hand has torn on both sides so that you cannot really use it anymore.

Try letting it soak in the bucket first. That is what I have done, and no ripping of the sides.

klumzypinoy
09-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Wow that looks good! What a Shmitt improvement :)

Surfer
09-28-2007, 05:02 PM
That's fantastic! I just sent Aaron a PM about an issue that I'm having with my ShMITT and it looks like the above is a remedy to just that! The hole where you put your hand has torn on both sides so that you cannot really use it anymore. And you're right: your finger will eventually poke right through it, strange.

Maybe I'm using it wrong???Thats what happened to mine, but I figured it was b/c I think I had the model with the old glue? It seemed to tear from pulling out of the bucket from water tension?

Truls
09-28-2007, 05:05 PM
Im on my second ShMitt now, the first one is used in wells etc now and still is in one pice..Looks like crap but is still usable

klumzypinoy
10-02-2007, 12:06 AM
My Shmitt has a nice hole where my fingers accidentally poked through, but it's still working great. Holds water like krazy still, and it feels nice and soft like always :).