PDA

View Full Version : Police cars detail

Pages : [1] 2

GenesisCoupe
10-29-2015, 02:40 PM
Hi everyone!

I will be quoting to detail approximately 42 police cars in my local township.

It will be a rinseless wash, and a quick interior detail which will consist of vacuum, plastic wipe-down (303 Aerospace) and windows.

What should i quote per car?

I was thinking approximately $15 per car. There will be 2 people working on these cars.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

LSNAutoDetailing
10-29-2015, 02:47 PM
Don't forget to charge for the bodily deposits left by the drunks they have to pick up. Wear gloves and mask.

DetailKitty
10-29-2015, 03:05 PM
Don't forget to charge for the bodily deposits left by the drunks they have to pick up. Wear gloves and mask.

Nasty- but good point :eek:

GenesisCoupe
10-29-2015, 03:31 PM
True, thank you for that. I think however the department gives the cars to another detailer once some sort of bodily fluid has been exposed in the car.

Should I bring my steam cleaner you suggest? :)

custmsprty
10-29-2015, 04:14 PM
True, thank you for that. I think however the department gives the cars to another detailer once some sort of bodily fluid has been exposed in the car.

Should I bring my steam cleaner you suggest? :)

Bring a UV light and go CSI inspector before you even quote the job. :D

Then you may want to invest in Tyvek jumpsuits.

MarkD51
10-29-2015, 05:03 PM
That sounds sort of "cheap". But, I'd imagine, they're vying for the lowest cost per vehicle, budgets prevail.

My money strapped, crying their eyes out for money township, just approved $250K for updated electronics in their vehicles, to better nab turds, communication, and almost $27K for new Glock 17 and 19 pistols. And it's like Mayberry RFD here, I don't think there's 40 cops on the force.

And of course a boatload of magazines, 3 per officer to go with.
Looks like they wanna do some damage badly.

Maybe catch up with "albuturkey" a bit.

ronkh57
10-29-2015, 05:09 PM
Watch out for needles, syringes that may have been missed.

GenesisCoupe
10-29-2015, 05:15 PM
Thank You all for the input.

I think i will invest in those gloves that protect against knife cuts and any sharp objects.

I have to find out where they get their cars cleaned right now and how much it costs, then i can compare my prices and see what i can negotiate.

RottenII
10-29-2015, 05:56 PM
We run plastic bench seats in the back of our patrol cars. Not many places to hide needles etc although its wise to use caution.
Now the front half of the car is another story. I drop a pen between the seat and computer console and I consider it GONE. No way I'm sticking my hand down there only to find what someone's dinner particles look like after six months. I would charge more for the interior alone.

ronkh57
10-29-2015, 06:07 PM
We run plastic bench seats in the back of our patrol cars. Not many places to hide needles etc although its wise to use caution.

Even the super secret undercover/unmarkeds

Dylan@RUPES
10-29-2015, 06:12 PM
I used to have a contract cleaning a fleet of county sheriffs vehicles, including 2 helicopters, and a couple of larger tactical vehicles.

Don't be afraid to bid the job at a rate that makes it worth your while. They will have a budget for these things and I found that (at least with my contract) they were willing to pay for quality work.

At $15 per car I think you're very low.

LSNAutoDetailing
10-29-2015, 06:21 PM
Ask them to take one of the Hemi Chargers on a closed course. :-)

7.3powerstroke
10-29-2015, 06:27 PM
I would say go higher

rlmccarty2000
10-29-2015, 06:33 PM
How long do you estimate each car will take? How much will your supplies cost? Divide by 2 and that is your hourly wage for each person. I think you are a little low.

RottenII
10-29-2015, 06:49 PM
Even the super secret undercover/unmarkeds

Nah....but the backs of those cars don't have a lot of visitors.