PDA

View Full Version : Review and How-To: Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

Klasse Act
11-10-2015, 07:52 AM
32 ounces is a 1/4 gallon and it's just easier to make a gallon at a time because your going to use it and use it often, so have to stop all the time to make more product so often.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips
11-10-2015, 08:33 AM
32 oz is a quart so ratio is incorrect.

Whoops... that's why I never wanted to become a math teacher. Yesterday was catch-up day and I was typing fast and furuios. Even if you look at my reply above and how I used the edit mode and the multi-quote function to answer everyone it did take a while but that's because getting back to question is important.

Where's one of our ratio experts to fill in the gaps?

:laughing:

Klasse Act
11-10-2015, 08:35 AM
On the product page it shows the ratio on how to make all the products you could make with this.

Mike Phillips
11-10-2015, 08:46 AM
On the product page it shows the ratio on how to make all the products you could make with this.

Thanks for sharing that and for the record as my normal protocol I did link to the page in post #9 of this thread.

Here's a screenshot, in hindsight I should have done this originally or typed out the info for those that are interested in the various dilutions for the various products you can make with the concentrate.

http://www.marine31online.com/gallery/data/526/woflgangdilutions.jpg

I'll add this to the first page somewhere too....

:xyxthumbs:

Klasse Act
11-10-2015, 09:10 AM
I can't say this enough...best RW I've ever used! Yes it is more expensive than other gallon RW's out there on average ($65.00 vs. $40.00) but this is more concentrated (1 ounce for 3 gallons vs. 1 ounce for 2 gallons) but the real difference is in the drying of a panel, this stuff just dries easier and the gloss left behind is VERY noticeable!

If your almost out of your current RW or WW, it worth it to spend the extra money and get the best!

SeanChav
11-10-2015, 10:26 AM
This stuff is in my wish list for black Friday....although I won't be using it for RW, I already have a gallon of d114, it sounds like a great WW to use before shows to clean and add some gloss

conman1395
11-10-2015, 02:09 PM
I can't say this enough...best RW I've ever used! Yes it is more expensive than other gallon RW's out there on average ($65.00 vs. $40.00) but this is more concentrated (1 ounce for 3 gallons vs. 1 ounce for 2 gallons) but the real difference is in the drying of a panel, this stuff just dries easier and the gloss left behind is VERY noticeable!

If your almost out of your current RW or WW, it worth it to spend the extra money and get the best!

Does it increase the surface sickness?

Klasse Act
11-10-2015, 02:27 PM
Does it increase the surface sickness?
Very much so [emoji106] When you use it it's very noticeable, something special with this product!

roguegeek
11-10-2015, 07:13 PM
Klasse, how is it compared to DP's RW?

Josh Keller
11-10-2015, 07:33 PM
This stuff (Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash) is great. I cleaned my truck on Saturday afternoon and was very impressed. I chose to continue with my normal washing routine, which is the waterless wash method. I used one ounce of Uber to 32 ounces of DI water. I purposely used 1/3 of an ounce more than the recommended amount, just to "be safe" with a new product and black paint.

I found Uber to be very easy to use. No smearing or streaking was experienced. It cleaned very well, left the surface feeling very slick, and produced an incredible gloss. Another great Autogeek product!

Klasse Act
11-10-2015, 10:21 PM
As you know or maybe not know I love DG products and over the past couple years DG RW has been my favorite of the ones I've used but like I said I've enjoyed all of them. What separates WGU from the DG RW is the drying...it just does it easier! There's also the gloss left behind, it's VERY noticeable and it's very, very slick feeling when done.

I actually used the WGU this evening as a WW because I was killing some time before my wife got home. Tbe car was days dusty and it cleaned up quickly without a whole lot of product either. When the car is days dirty I will use the WGU as WW and when it's dirty from being driven in the rain I will lean towards using WGU as a RW, although I'm going to see how it does as a WW on real world dirt on the car as well, so more input will be coming soon...stay "tuned"[emoji108]

roguegeek
11-20-2015, 12:24 AM
I picked up a gallon of this stuff last week and can share some of my first impressions, particularly compared to DP's offerings.

I'm in California, so rinseless washes have been my norm. Every once in a while, I'll sneak in a standard wash/foam and deal with the stink eye from the neighbors, but the majority of the time I am using a rinseless two-bucket wash. My goto product for rinseless has been DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss (http://www.autogeek.net/dpforiwash12.html) for a while. I use it for rinseless, clay lube, and quick detailer. It's a product I'm fairly familiar with at this point. When I saw Wolfgang was producing their own RW and read Mike's excellent review, though, I got very excited. So I order me some Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash (http://www.autogeek.net/wg-3702.html) to play around with.

First test was a rinseless two-bucket wash on our 2008 Acura MDX daily driver. It was detailed about a month ago with M105/M205 and some DP quick detailer here and there for upkeep. Some of my quick impressions:

This stuff is extremely concentrated. WGU @ 1:384 vs DP @ 1:256.
It's less "soapy" than the DP and more "slick".
There is physically less friction when dragging my mitt over the surface.
Drying is easier as the solution seems to come off quicker and beads smaller. (I'm using Supreme 530 towels (http://www.autogeek.net/supreme-buff-microfiber-towel.html) for drying.)
It leaves a nicer gloss and smoother surface feel than the DP in a way that you'd be temped to stop there if you were pressed for time.

The next little test was as clay lubrication for bonded contaminant removal with clay alternative pads. In this case, I was using a Nanoskin Autoscrub fine 6" pad on my 3401. More quick impressions:

Again, extremely concentrated. WGU @ 1:128 vs DP @ 1:32.
I feel like the DA glided more smoothly over the surface with WGU vs DP.
I most definitely used less product which means WGU stayed slicker for a longer time.
Removing the product was also easier again with this particular mixture.

Some quick math to show, objectively, one of the stronger reasons why I enjoy WGU over DP. That's the value.

$64.99/gallon of WGU vs $49.99/gallon of DP
Rinseless wash: 1:384 for WGU vs 1:256 of DP
$0.17/gallon for WGU RW mixture vs $0.20/gallon for DP RW mixture

It's the same story with the water conditioner (1:786 vs 1:384), clay lubrication (1:128 vs 1:32), and quick detailer (1:42 vs 1:16)

That's it. That's all I got right now. It's not a lot, but I do know in this short time that I very much prefer Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash over DP's offering for rinseless washes and clay lube. I'll be seeing what it can do as a detail spray in the near future. Hope this helps.

Klasse Act
11-20-2015, 05:26 AM
Great review Rouge!

hdez
12-13-2015, 09:24 PM
After using Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash, can we use a sealant? Like CarPro Reload or Sonar Polymer Net Shield?

Klasse Act
12-13-2015, 09:31 PM
After using Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash, can we use a sealant? Like CarPro Reload or Sonar Polymer Net Shield?
Because the amount of wax is so small with any RW or WW that in for one don't see a problem with it [emoji106]