View Full Version : Rupes 21 -vs- Rupes 21 Mark II

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Angus
10-28-2015, 11:06 AM
Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N59cMTzSbdk

Zubair
10-28-2015, 11:24 AM
Nice find. Would love to see a comparison of MK1 with washer mod vs. MK2, I think both will keep spinning.

Angus
10-28-2015, 11:43 AM
Nice find. Would love to see a comparison of MK1 with washer mod vs. MK2, I think both will keep spinning.

Agreed. That comparison will be an interesting test of the new vs old machine capabilities.

VISITOR
10-28-2015, 12:08 PM

or against the G21. since it already has more power than the current lhr21, i'm guessing the new mk2 will be on par or the same...

kosmetikwerks
10-28-2015, 12:26 PM
Looks great! Is there a set release date on the mk2?

Dylan@RUPES
10-28-2015, 12:27 PM
or against the G21. since it already has more power than the current lhr21, i'm guessing the new mk2 will be on par or the same...

Don't confuse wattage for a measure of performance... wattage on power tools is simply a rating to quantify the capacity for consumption. It does not directly correlate to output or result on the working surface. A well engineered tool will have the capability to produce results with less watts as efficiency is ultimately the game. Excessive consumption really only translates to so much mechanical movement, the rest of the energy manifests itself as heat, vibration, and noise.

Kamakaz1961
10-28-2015, 12:34 PM
Awesome video!! I am curious I am looking for another DA. I currently have the Flex 3401 and PC7424XP. Will there be a Mark II for the Rupes 15?

Please correct me if I am wrong with the Model Number as I do not need the Rupes 21 but (I believe) the Rupes 15. Either way, awesome video!!

VISITOR
10-28-2015, 01:26 PM
Don't confuse wattage for a measure of performance... wattage on power tools is simply a rating to quantify the capacity for consumption. It does not directly correlate to output or result on the working surface. A well engineered tool will have the capability to produce results with less watts as efficiency is ultimately the game. Excessive consumption really only translates to so much mechanical movement, the rest of the energy manifests itself as heat, vibration, and noise.

it would still be a great comparison (no confusion), another company is also coming out with *something* and i can't wait to see how that compares with current and new offerings as well... :xyxthumbs:

Zubair
10-28-2015, 02:20 PM
it would still be a great comparison (no confusion), another company is also coming out with *something* and i can't wait to see how that compares with current and new offerings as well... :xyxthumbs:

You talking about Flex right?

jms493
10-28-2015, 07:44 PM
i am curious and interesting...I wonder when it will be available to buy.

AGOatemywallet
10-28-2015, 09:15 PM
I wonder what the new price on the old Rupes 21 and the new Mark II will be

Will they discount the 21 or just charge more for the new and improved machine?

Maybe the 21 will be discontinued

craigdt
10-28-2015, 10:58 PM
Can't wait to see comparisons to the G21. Looks like they integrated many of Griots features as their improvements.
Exciting to watch!

Todd@RUPES
10-29-2015, 05:36 AM
Can't wait to see comparisons to the G21. Looks like they integrated many of Griots features as their improvements.
Exciting to watch!

That would be a completely false assumption. Whether it is the theory of the tool, our innovative counter balancing system, or even the number of holes on our shroud, RUPES is an engineering firm and tool manufacturer.

With the Mark II, we have spent nearly two years improving the design we originated. Unfortunately for our competition, they have copied (sometimes identically) some of the areas we have improved, although I am sure we have helped them to blueprint their next generation as well.

Make no mistake, not only do the Mark II deliver amazing torque to the paint surface, but they draw the least power, run cool, and are extremely balanced.

2old2change
10-29-2015, 10:02 AM
That would be a completely false assumption. Whether it is the theory of the tool, our innovative counter balancing system, or even the number of holes on our shroud, RUPES is an engineering firm and tool manufacturer.

With the Mark II, we have spent nearly two years improving the design we originated. Unfortunately for our competition, they have copied (sometimes identically) some of the areas we have improved, although I am sure we have helped them to blueprint their next generation as well.

Make no mistake, not only do the Mark II deliver amazing torque to the paint surface, but they draw the least power, run cool, and are extremely balanced.

Excellent reply. In any industry there are leaders and followers. Rupes has led the long stroke da field and continues to advance the science behind it. Looking forward to adding a Mark II to my arsenal of detailing machines. I can see with adding the fresh talent of both Todd and Jason Rose to the Rupes team plus their engineering dept"s commitment , there are many new things coming to the industry.

mbpress01
10-29-2015, 10:32 AM
I saw the video and wow is all I an say. Has Rupes finally solved the stalling issue that some of us have experienced. I will wait for the reviews before a purchase but clearly they have listened to some of us who had issues on curves and that is a sign of an excellent company.

Mike P did make a comment that gave me some pause in his review:

"To be honest... there were convex curved areas that required more focus on my technique to buff completely but this was accomplished simply by adjusting how I held the tool in relationship to the panel."

I am not sure what that means but did the tool stall on these curves. I would like to see more videos like the one on this thread to show exactly that issue. I still believe it will stall or slow down on complex curves but even marginal rotation is enough with the 21 orbit.

Any additional thoughts here would be helpful as I am really considering going back to Rupes if the Mark II truly is the closest thing to forced rotation without forced rotation. If that makes any sense.