PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Product Advice - From Saudi Arabia

bamaster
10-27-2015, 10:46 AM
Hello all,

I live and work in Saudi. Just bought my first vehicle here... a 2009 Chevrolet Trailblazer. SUVs are a good thing to have over here... the drivers are maniacs.

The sun and sand are very big issues here. The sun has dried out the running boards and caused the headlights to frost a bit. Also the vinyl inside is dried out a bit. And the cloth seats have some light stubborn stains.

I'll be back in the States for vacation soon, so I'm looking for products to bring back with me.
1. Restore headlights
2. Treat exterior black trim
3. Interior vinyl treatment
4. Cloth seat cleaner

I've used Adam's In & Out Spray before on exterior trim but I don't want to bring aerosol cans in my luggage from the US. Any and all recommendations are appreciated. Thanks!!

4u2nvinmtl
10-27-2015, 10:52 AM
For the headlights, I like to use Meg's M101 and 4inch Cyan Hydro-Tech pads on my PC-7424 DA.
For the trim, I'd recommend CarPro Delux based on other users reviews
For the interior, it will be tricky to restore (use a conditioning cream) and protect with 303 products
For the cloth seats, I would use a light APC (like Meg's D101 at 10:1) and an extractor (Bristle Mighty Green) to get them looking new again.

Good luck.

bamaster
10-28-2015, 03:57 AM
Thank you for your advice!

CarPro DLux looks really interesting! That looks like exactly what I need. And I'll read up on Meguire's M101 for the headlights. Sounds like I'll also need replenish the plastic coating, too. Very interesting.

:)

GSKR
10-28-2015, 05:42 AM
For the trim use a heat gun,keep a 2 inch distance from moulding the heat bring back the original luster with no dressing of any sort.

4u2nvinmtl
10-29-2015, 09:41 AM
For the trim use a heat gun,keep a 2 inch distance from moulding the heat bring back the original luster with no dressing of any sort.

Yeah I've done this and it does work very well, but I recommend removing the trim.

Old engine oil works as a free dressing too, I use to joke that when I run out of dressing I know it's time to change my oil again (because I use oil based dressings, but not engine oil).