PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Coat Pro or Something else?

Vitrox
10-26-2015, 08:38 PM
Hey everyone. Recently picked up a new vehicle and one of the members from the forums mention to do a paint correction and put something like Opti-Coat Pro on it. I don't have much knowledge of it beside googling and the product page, but seems pretty pricey.

Is there any other suggestions that would achieve the same results? Or is better to just go through with it to protect the paint, since my car is outside most of the time.

Thanks!

Ebg18t
10-26-2015, 08:41 PM
CQuartz Finest

Danny9447537
10-26-2015, 09:25 PM
CQuartz Finest

Do you know anyone that could sell Cquartz Finest without being an authorized installer?

builthatch
10-26-2015, 09:30 PM
Do you know anyone that could sell Cquartz Finest without being an authorized installer?

nobody does that.

OP, here is a good read, particularly post 2

Opticoat vs. GTechniq C1 (http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/detailing/17381-opticoat-vs-gtechniq-c1.html#post286122)

AutowerxDetailing
10-26-2015, 09:51 PM

If this ever happened they would immediately be blacklisted from the installer group and be denied access to CQuartz Finest indefinitely.

AutowerxDetailing
10-26-2015, 09:56 PM
... a coating will ideally only look as good as the correction underneath. it won't make one level of work look like a higher level of work solely because of the coating.

I agree that skillful prep work is 99% of the final appearance; however, there are definitely differences in gloss, depth, and jetting (deep wet look) between different coating brands.

CQuartz Finest, for example, has a distinct enriching/darkening effect that is not evident with other coatings. If you see vehicles sitting side by side with something like Opti-Coat Pro vs CQuartz Finest you can absolutely see a difference.

Ebg18t
10-27-2015, 05:08 AM

Nope. Just like Opti-Coat Pro. It's for authorized dealers only.

GSKR
10-27-2015, 06:15 AM
Just get the cq UK apply two coats and you will fine.

Vitrox
11-03-2015, 11:21 AM
Sweet! Thanks for the reply, hopefully its a bit lower priced lol.

conman1395
11-03-2015, 11:46 AM
I am a former Opti-Coat Pro installer. What I would say is that no, there is nothing like it... kind of.
I would also say that if you find an installer that the Pro + is more worth it depending on where you live, but if you have the money it's still great.

You have to be willing to learn how to wash your car properly. If you think you do, I'd still take the time to go through this forum and double check.

I'm on my phone right now replying, but if you have any questions you can PM me.

mwoolfso
11-04-2015, 08:51 AM
Hey everyone. Recently picked up a new vehicle and one of the members from the forums mention to do a paint correction and put something like Opti-Coat Pro on it. I don't have much knowledge of it beside googling and the product page, but seems pretty pricey.

Is there any other suggestions that would achieve the same results? Or is better to just go through with it to protect the paint, since my car is outside most of the time.

Thanks!

There are a lot of other products that can achieve "similar" results...... but what specific "results" YOU are looking for relative to YOUR budget has yet to surface. What are you looking for and how much are you initially looking to spend?

For example, if you want anything "permanent", then Opti-Coat is the only product out there to my knowledge. If you want "semi-permanent" on the order of 1-3+ years then there is a wax or two, plus all other products considered coatings. I can think of 5-6 manufacturers right now that cover semi-permanent and all of them sell on AGO.

Please expand on what you are looking for and recommendations will fly... :-)

Permanence, durability, depth, gloss, slickness, balance, etc... Or if you just want some balanced protection being that it is a new car then state as much.

mwoolfso
11-04-2015, 08:57 AM
CQuartz Finest, for example, has a distinct enriching/darkening effect that is not evident with other coatings. If you see vehicles sitting side by side with something like Opti-Coat Pro vs CQuartz Finest you can absolutely see a difference.

Not to be argumentative but rather "informative" ..... this could be a misleading statement; especially to beginners and those who do not have "the eye" or experience across a broad range of products.

As far as my eyes go... Opti-coat does have a distinct enriching/darkening effect in and of itself. How it compares to other coatings is not germain to my point. Even vanilla CQuartz has this effect. You may be right that Finest may be more than the others but that becomes subjective unless verified by neutral sources.