PDA

View Full Version : Review & How-To: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Paint Coating

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

C5Longhorn
05-29-2017, 01:04 PM
The jury is still out for my opinion. I coated a non daily driver six months ago and have noticed a few spots in the coating that we're damaged. One was a fingerprint in the coating and another looked like a water spots or something that etched the coating. I am a little surprised as this car is babied and never sees the elements or even a traditional was since I have applied the coating. I will say it is super shiny and looks great after I rinseless wash with Uber Rinseless.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
05-29-2017, 01:06 PM
I assume you have a Corvette? If so, pics?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

2011 Kona Blue
05-29-2017, 01:19 PM
Just curious as to why you don't like the product? I just applied at two days ago so I don't have any durability or any other type of things to add to the mix here.

The directions were horrible about the amount supposed to put on the applicator. After calling Autogeek they educated us about it but it left horrible streaking at first. Didn't really like the syringe method and two small drops.

I find the application of Ctechniq to be easier from watching how its applied.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

C5Longhorn
05-29-2017, 01:19 PM
It's a Viper, I used to have a Corvette that miss :) I'll dig up a few pics when I'm in front of a computer.

Klasse Act
05-29-2017, 01:24 PM
I just made the X and applied to a decent sized section at a time, used the supplied applicator and got the hang of the entire process after doing the hood.

C5Longhorn
05-29-2017, 01:26 PM
Same with me, had a couple of high spots I had to touch up later, but overall not too bad. I do think it's a little pricey compared to some other coatings, but not too crazy.

Klasse Act
05-29-2017, 01:41 PM
Same with me, had a couple of high spots I had to touch up later, but overall not too bad. I do think it's a little pricey compared to some other coatings, but not too crazy.

Without looking it up I'm not sure what the higher end stuff even costs/per ML.

Dan Tran
05-29-2017, 02:56 PM
I applied Uber Ceramic for the first time 2 days ago...

SUPER EASY!

I love coatings now. How could you not?!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

kevincwelch
05-29-2017, 03:00 PM
Uber is on the expensive end when compared to most other prosumer coatings available, and I'm not exactly sure why. Other than being easier than most other coatings to apply (and that's a relative judgment), I don't think it looks bettet or lasts any longer than others. This is not a knock against the performance and application, which are great. The price leaves me scratching my head.

(Sent via my mobile device...)

C5Longhorn
05-29-2017, 03:26 PM
Agree with this.

Klasse Act
05-29-2017, 04:25 PM
I bought mine during the Christmas sale, so 20% off takes the sting out a bit. I've used Gloss Coat on 3 of my buddy's rides and it's $100 a tube and you get 20ml's compared to $130 for 15ml's of WGUCC.

I think it looks great but then again I did 3 mechanical decons and 1 chemical decon, followed by Optimum Hyper Polish so I did my prep before hand and of coarse, this pays dividends at the time of coating.

tpr1634
05-29-2017, 04:44 PM
I bought mine during the Christmas sale, so 20% off takes the sting out a bit. I've used Gloss Coat on 3 of my buddy's rides and it's $100 a tube and you get 20ml's compared to $130 for 15ml's of WGUCC.

I think it looks great but then again I did 3 mechanical decons and 1 chemical decon, followed by Optimum Hyper Polish so I did my prep before hand and of coarse, this pays dividends at the time of coating.

How do the two compare, I was going to go with the Wolfgang but ended up with gloss coat I like both product lines but went for the least expensive.

C5Longhorn
05-29-2017, 05:10 PM
I'm curious how Uber compares to Gloss coat also

Klasse Act
05-29-2017, 07:23 PM
How do the two compare, I was going to go with the Wolfgang but ended up with gloss coat I like both product lines but went for the least expensive.
Well one thing I can say right off is that Gloss Coat has a longer working time and is less expensive compared to WGUCC. One of the cars I did using gloss coat last year, a black cherry Scion xB, looked to be holding up great, didn t even notice swirls in the paint. This vehicle is the shop vehicle for the owner of the graphics shop I frequent and isn't washed as often as it should. I need to go there and do a chemical decon and WW on it and see how it goes and report back here.

Seems like we have some people not quite as impressed with WGUCC but based off of initial impressions I'm sure how someone couldn't like the looks based off my results but they are just that, MY results and results may vary[emoji12]

kevincwelch
05-30-2017, 06:55 AM
There may be some professional and personal biases against the newcomer. Maybe there is some prejudice because Blackfire coating ended up causing so many issues with application and with open bottle results. Other companies have been in the game, and when you use an expensive product that lasts for 2 maybe 3 cars, you have to be selective I guess. Others I've used are 2/3 the price and spread as far. But like I said earlier, WGUCC is a great easy product. Just not sure why it's so expensive.

(Sent via my mobile device...)