PDA

View Full Version : Review & How-To: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Paint Coating

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

C5Longhorn
05-24-2017, 06:36 PM
Probably, but there is a chance you don't get it all or have some left behind. I think IPA is stronger.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

officerp
05-24-2017, 06:55 PM
Thanks, I should have clarified I'll be using the Perfekt Prep also.

kevincwelch
05-24-2017, 06:56 PM
A really dumb question, and probably sacrilege but couldn't I just wash the car with Dawn to remove old wax and oils?
I believe it has been shown with reasonable evidence that waxes, sealants and coatings need to be polished to eliminate from the surface.

Now, concentrated N914 is said to remove waxes and sealants, but I've seen no evidence of this other than claims (would love to be educated if there are tests I can see).

If you truly want to leave no trace behind, polish...then IPA or MS or a dedicated paint prep solution.

(Sent via my mobile device...)

officerp
05-24-2017, 07:13 PM
That's what I thought...I'll get to polishing then. Thanks for the replies!

C5Longhorn
05-24-2017, 07:14 PM
Thanks, I should have clarified I'll be using the Perfekt Prep also.
That is what I used also after polishing.

Klasse Act
05-24-2017, 08:11 PM
When you factor in the amount of time to totally prep the paint for coating why in the wide world of sports would you wanna remove it just to start over...not to mention the expense. I got my WGU paint coating on sale during Christmas and it was still over $100 for 15 ml's, so however it looks it's staying (I expect it to look great)

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

C5Longhorn
05-24-2017, 08:23 PM
Not following, he's asking about removing polishes and sealants not paint coatings.

officerp
05-24-2017, 08:39 PM
It's a new car, I clayed it and it has 2 coats of wax, that's all I've done to it. I plan to polish it and use the Uber coat.

kevincwelch
05-25-2017, 08:17 AM
It's a new car, I clayed it and it has 2 coats of wax, that's all I've done to it. I plan to polish it and use the Uber coat.
Yeah. If you want to put a coating on a car, it needs to be applied directly to the clearcoat for the best bond. If you have a wax or sealant already on the car, you absolutely need to remove it, and Dawn or Citrus Wash and Gloss and IPA just aren't going to do the trick. You need to polish the surface. If you want the best result with the longest durability, that's what you need to do.

kevincwelch
05-25-2017, 08:19 AM
When you factor in the amount of time to totally prep the paint for coating why in the wide world of sports would you wanna remove it just to start over...not to mention the expense. I got my WGU paint coating on sale during Christmas and it was still over $100 for 15 ml's, so however it looks it's staying (I expect it to look great)

I think he was asking about putting a coating on when there was a wax previously on.

You can layer coatings, but the most superficial coating is subject to the quality of the deeper coating. If you've done a haphazard job with the deeper coating, the superficial coating is doomed.....

Klasse Act
05-25-2017, 09:36 AM
Yeah. If you want to put a coating on a car, it needs to be applied directly to the clearcoat for the best bond. If you have a wax or sealant already on the car, you absolutely need to remove it, and Dawn or Citrus Wash and Gloss and IPA just aren't going to do the trick. You need to polish the surface. If you want the best result with the longest durability, that's what you need to do.

Trust him, he's a doctor[emoji106]

Klasse Act
05-28-2017, 02:49 PM
I'd like to add that it's important to wipe it down after waiting the 1 minute, makes life easier👈 This product is still easy to use and with prior coating experience it's not going to be an issue.

Great product, looking forward to seeing how it holds up down the road😎

kaliagent2001
05-29-2017, 02:32 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=102588

My new daily driver arrived this past weekend. I asked Nick for a tube of the new Uber Coating from Wolfgang. I had seen the extreme gloss in pics, but its rather incredible in person. Best part, this is the easiest coating to apply that I have ever used. Wheels, barrels, brakes, and paint. Very happy with the outcome.

Regal gs right? Looking slick

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

2011 Kona Blue
05-29-2017, 09:46 AM
Wasn't a fan of this product. I personally wouldn't use it again. I purchased Gtexhniq crystal serium and exo

Sent from my SM-G930V using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Klasse Act
05-29-2017, 09:58 AM
Wasn't a fan of this product. I personally wouldn't use it again. I purchased Gtexhniq crystal serium and exo

Sent from my SM-G930V using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)
Just curious as to why you don't like the product? I just applied at two days ago so I don't have any durability or any other type of things to add to the mix here.