PDA

View Full Version : Review & How-To: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Paint Coating

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

FLG37
04-21-2017, 06:34 PM
Okay last question, i promise lol. Can the perfect paint spray and Uber coating be applied to 3M gloss black vinyl wrap?

Mike Phillips
04-24-2017, 07:19 AM
Okay last question, i promise lol.

Can the perfect paint spray and Uber coating be applied to 3M gloss black vinyl wrap?

I don't think either will cause any harm so go for it.

:)

Glushenij
04-25-2017, 12:55 AM
Hi Mike,

I'm new to forum always was just been using basic stuff ( clay, rubbing compound, polish or glaze and wax)

I just bought Wolfgang ceramic coating and Wolfgang sealer 3.0 .

My question ( car already prep-clayed, compounded and polished)

after I put ceramic coating and wait a week (for complete cure time), can I put sealer on top ceramic coating?

And maybe another stupid question ceramic coating,sealant and then wax on top all of it?

Outdoorfunguy01
04-27-2017, 04:09 AM
Okay last question, i promise lol. Can the perfect paint spray and Uber coating be applied to 3M gloss black vinyl wrap?

I would suggest for professional advice from

Edit: Spam link removed - Mike Phillips

Professionals there will be able to address all your concerns plus you can request a quote. They have branches and installers located in just about every large city.

Outdoorfunguy01
04-27-2017, 04:20 AM
Okay last question, I promise lol. Can the perfect paint spray and Uber coating be applied to 3M gloss black vinyl wrap?

I would suggest for professional advice from

Edit: Spam link removed - Mike Phillips

Professionals there will be able to address all your concerns plus you can request a quote. They have branches and installers located in just about every large city.

Mike Phillips
04-27-2017, 06:05 AM
Hi Mike,

I'm new to forum always was just been using basic stuff ( clay, rubbing compound, polish or glaze and wax)

Thanks for joining the AGO forum. Have to say, I may not have found your post had it not been for the spammer spamming it.

I just bought Wolfgang ceramic coating and Wolfgang sealer 3.0 .

My question ( car already prep-clayed, compounded and polished)

after I put ceramic coating and wait a week (for complete cure time), can I put sealer on top ceramic coating?

The answer is "yes". The Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 is a NON-CLEANING synthetic paint sealant so it won't remove the coating.

The issue is, anytime you do what's called

Topping

That is applying a secondary protection product or LSP over the first or intial protection product you LOSE the benefits and features of the first protection product and gain the benefits of the second protection product.

Nothing wrong with that unless you're trading down. By this I mean, quality paint coatings offer more benefits and features than waxes and synthetic paint sealants.

Of course, waxes and sealants wear off so after the sealant wears off you'll then get the benefits and features of the coating but why do this?

Just apply the paint coating and enjoy it and its benefits and features.

And maybe another stupid question ceramic coating, sealant and then wax on top all of it?

No such thing as a stupid question but my answer would be the same as what I shared above.

For example, I keep a ceramic paint coating on our Mercedes-Benz. I would never waste my time and energy, nor the product to apply something over it.

With the coating I can,

Keep the car protected.
Maintain a super high gloss appearance.
Wash it fast and easy.
Dry it fast and easy.

I love having a coating on the wife's car.

How to wash a coated car - The Gentle Approach for Washing a Car by Mike Phillips (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions/103632-how-wash-coated-car-gentle-approach-washing-car-mike-phillips.html)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=107599

bestellen
04-29-2017, 10:13 AM
Already picked some up!

SamtheSham
05-04-2017, 06:41 PM
Mike, New to this forum, enjoying, learning from all your answers. Just got an F-Type Jaguar and planned to have it coated with CQuartz, but in this corner of S.W. Fla. I find it a little difficult to find appliers. I am considering Wolfgang's Uber coating. How does it compare?

Klasse Act
05-17-2017, 06:44 PM
I'm a few short days away from using this for the first time, finally, its been sitting since the new year!

Mike Phillips
05-18-2017, 06:50 AM
Already picked some up!

And?

Mike, New to this forum, enjoying, learning from all your answers.

Just got an F-Type Jaguar and planned to have it coated with CQuartz, but in this corner of S.W. Fla. I find it a little difficult to find appliers.

I am considering Wolfgang's Uber coating.

How does it compare?

I'd say they are both top shelf products.

I can't take anything away from CQuartz.

Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Paint Coating is super simple to use so no worries about mistakes and as you can see by the pictures I posted it makes paint simply glisten.

I'm a few short days away from using this for the first time, finally, its been sitting since the new year!

I'm already looking forward to some pictures and your experience.

:(

Klasse Act
05-18-2017, 07:00 AM

You meant a [emoji3] instead of a [emoji20] , right?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

kevincwelch
05-18-2017, 08:16 AM

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
LOL, Roger! Mike knows you're a wax and sealant fanatic! I'm looking forward to your results. :) :) :)

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Mike Phillips
05-18-2017, 08:29 AM

Yes.

Just typing faster than I'm thinking....

Happens once in a while, my fingers get out of control...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/715/medium/ArmHolderUppers01.jpg

kevincwelch
05-18-2017, 08:41 AM
Ah...a vertical monitor guy. Nice.

(Personally, I miss the 4:3 monitor days. I use my computer for working; I watch movies on my TV!)

(Sent via my mobile device...)

officerp
05-24-2017, 04:58 PM
A really dumb question, and probably sacrilege but couldn't I just wash the car with Dawn to remove old wax and oils?