PDA

View Full Version : Review & How-To: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Paint Coating

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16

C5Longhorn
06-15-2017, 08:16 PM
Good to hear, did you repolish and coat, or did the ech2o take care of it?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
06-15-2017, 09:17 PM
Good to hear, did you repolish and coat, or did the ech2o take care of it?

Well first I hand applied Optimum Hyper Polish and reapplied in the areas where needed. After that I tried Ech2o in WW form and washes but after a week and temp warm up it was all good.

Have done various RW and WW's since then and plan on making a popular coating booster pretty soon too but not going to apply right away, maybe every other month.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
06-21-2017, 02:58 PM
Is it possible....

I did my car on Memorial Day weekend and it literally GLOWED after it sat inside curing for a day and half. I had the high spot appear on the following cool mornings but they ended up going away when the heat came in. Since then it's been washed several times with various RW and WW's and nothing else. So I go back to my header....IS IT POSSIBLE that it could need a booster already? About a month in and doesn't have that "HD crispness" or am I just used to it after a couple weeks?

Klasse Act
06-21-2017, 09:49 PM
Bump

kevincwelch
06-21-2017, 10:17 PM
It's possible you're used to it. Are you using only N914 to wash it? Are you using Kenotek as a drying agent? Anything else going on the car? Remember, anything that you put on the surface will potentially (temporarily) affect the coating properties... Especially those QD and WW/RW that leave stuff behind.

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Klasse Act
06-22-2017, 06:02 AM
It's possible you're used to it. Are you using only N914 to wash it? Are you using Kenotek as a drying agent? Anything else going on the car? Remember, anything that you put on the surface will potentially (temporarily) affect the coating properties... Especially those QD and WW/RW that leave stuff behind.

I have used other products, most recently the new GG RW, TW RW, as well as N914 and Ech2o. I haven't used the Kenotek on the car 61st since I coated it.

I do know the look of the paint after polishing alone was dramatically different and when I pulled the car out on Memorial Day it was very sharp, crisp looking. Its not that it looks bad but it seems to me I'm seeing "something".

Maybe I really need to stick with N914 but I know this, some TEC stuff is in my future, just gotta figure out which one, drop me a PM Kevin and we can talk about it.

WillSports3
06-22-2017, 11:43 AM
I think it's because you're used to it. I remember with any coatings, it looked so good after I first polished and coated it but after a few weeks, I got used to it. My suggestion is to just enjoy it or give it a wash with n914 and then see it in the sun. But because I like that bright shine I like to use pbl synergy after a week or so on the coating. It just makes it look that much better.

Klasse Act
06-22-2017, 12:27 PM
I think it's because you're used to it. I remember with any coatings, it looked so good after I first polished and coated it but after a few weeks, I got used to it. My suggestion is to just enjoy it or give it a wash with n914 and then see it in the sun. But because I like that bright shine I like to use pbl synergy after a week or so on the coating. It just makes it look that much better.
I have a plan in the works as far as maintaining and boosting....[emoji41]

kevincwelch
06-22-2017, 12:40 PM
The new Griots rinseless wash is a wash and wax, right? Isn't the TW a wash and wax too?

If so, I think that may be affecting the visual effects. The ECH2O will change things minimally.

I'd wash the car with N914 and then use N914 for a while to see if it comes back to life.

But, I agree that the coatings are like crack addiction. You never reach that high like the first time... So I've heard!

Klasse Act
06-22-2017, 01:08 PM
The new Griots rinseless wash is a wash and wax, right? Isn't the TW a wash and wax too?

If so, I think that may be affecting the visual effects. The ECH2O will change things minimally.

I'd wash the car with N914 and then use N914 for a while to see if it comes back to life.

But, I agree that the coatings are like crack addiction. You never reach that high like the first time... So I've heard!

The GG as well as the TW are both wash and wax, but I didn't think it would've changed the look THAT much but I believe it did[emoji20] Seeing that your a doctor Kevin I'm going to take your script, do 2 washes and see you next weekend!

I'm also about to order some "gray market" stuff pretty soon here, taking the finish to another level.

C5Longhorn
06-24-2017, 10:38 AM
So, not knowing if the Griot's changed the appearance aside, how did you like the new RW product from them?

Klasse Act
06-24-2017, 10:40 AM
So, not knowing if the Griot's changed the appearance aside, how did you like the new RW product from them?

Absolutely awesome product with a very high dilution ratio so it makes it very economical!

C5Longhorn
06-24-2017, 06:56 PM
Nice, may have to give it a try after I finish up my ONR or WGUWW

Klasse Act
06-26-2017, 04:43 PM
Nice, may have to give it a try after I finish up my ONR or WGUWW

...just not on a coated car unless you don't mind toning down the finish left behind from the coating 😋

My help has arrived today and I'll be applying "something" this Friday when it's bonding time (pardon the pun).

C5Longhorn
06-26-2017, 09:16 PM
Nice, will have to see what you try out