PDA

View Full Version : Mobile car wash question

soloswilliams
10-25-2015, 09:24 PM
The question I have is which is better for a mobile car wash ??? Trailer? The Chevy express cargo van, the city express cargo van, a pick up truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real Riders
10-25-2015, 10:00 PM
The question I have is which is better for a mobile car wash ??? Trailer? The Chevy express cargo van, the city express cargo van, a pick up truck

I can personally run a full mobile detailing business out of a City Express Cargo but I am an Eco Friendly business so I do not use a water tank or a pressure washer, only Rinseless and Waterless Washes

soloswilliams
10-25-2015, 10:14 PM
Ok thanks

Firehouse Mike
10-26-2015, 01:58 AM
I'm running out of the back of my F150 with a canopy. I did have a 12' cargo trailer, too hard to deal with in tight areas 9 apartments, waterfront homes, ect...). I'm currently looking at a clean used Chevy Astro ( mid size, reliable cheap ) the Nissan NV vans ( hard to find used ) or a used Transit Connect. The transit will probably be the one. I'll just have to be a bit selective with what i load into it.

Mike

GSKR
10-26-2015, 05:39 AM
Go with the van ,you can fit a nice size water tank ,bolt every thing down and most of all you can build racks or shelves of deosnt already have them.Nice big canopy for lettering best of luck have fun on your new adventure.

GSKR
10-26-2015, 06:34 AM
I have a transit best little truck I ever had,you can get a used one for 10 k or cheaper depending on mi.Every thing is eye level no climbing into or on to to get something,as far as gas for 20 I get 150 till empty for 40 I get 345 mi ,I got 82 k on it with no problems just change the oil,those trucks are in demand now,companies want to conserve gas mileage instead of the e250 econoline that would be a real consideration.

Muddyoldgoat
10-26-2015, 07:02 AM
I use a trailer but I'm not in a big city. I can see it being a pain in larger cities or more congested areas.

soloswilliams
10-26-2015, 08:20 PM
I live in Detroit, mi but I travel to other cities as well