PDA

View Full Version : Lost e mail

PA DETAILER
10-25-2015, 03:54 PM
Computer guru's help needed. I am sure my e-mail is lost forever. I'll try to keep it short. Moved. Went with another provider. But kept verizon home page and e mail. It was still accessable here when the new net was hooked up. Plug by mistake was pulled out of computer. After that, no matter what i tried, i could not log back in. It asks for my username (e-mail ID) and a secret answer to a question that i totally forgot! Now, if you forget it, you can get a temp. pin number to log in, but only for the PRIMARY USER. Which i am not. The better half is. We tried logging her on, then off, then me, but no go. Hers is ok. I set up a new yahoo account, because i figured my old e-mail address is lost forever. Verizon was no help. Any tricks i might be missing?

Thank you. :doh:

Finemess
10-25-2015, 03:59 PM
Have you tried doing a system restore to a time before the plug was pulled out? May help, might be worth a try. GL

padgett
10-25-2015, 04:05 PM
If you have the same e-mail address then there is usually a switch for "forgot password".

Otherwise I'd go to a Verizon store and see if anyone there knows who to contact for a password reset.

Os one reason I use Eudora and keep copies both locally and in backup.

custmsprty
10-25-2015, 04:07 PM
Computer guru's help needed. I am sure my e-mail is lost forever. I'll try to keep it short. Moved. Went with another provider. But kept verizon home page and e mail. It was still accessable here when the new net was hooked up. Plug by mistake was pulled out of computer. After that, no matter what i tried, i could not log back in. It asks for my username (e-mail ID) and a secret answer to a question that i totally forgot! Now, if you forget it, you can get a temp. pin number to log in, but only for the PRIMARY USER. Which i am not. The better half is. We tried logging her on, then off, then me, but no go. Hers is ok. I set up a new yahoo account, because i figured my old e-mail address is lost forever. Verizon was no help. Any tricks i might be missing?

Thank you. :doh:

Your email is still there, basically you just can't get into it because of security issues. They should be more helpful at Verizon to you, call back and talk to someone else. But it's going to have to be the primary account user making the contact. A system restore won't do anything for you. That affects your computer not the server that your email address is at.

LAD
10-25-2015, 04:42 PM
The same thing happened to me after I went from Verizon to Comcast (I feel like I do this every two years...we go with who is cheaper and has a better package). My husband was the primary---so we just called Verizon and it got reset...Hope that helps

PA DETAILER
10-25-2015, 06:15 PM
The same thing happened to me after I went from Verizon to Comcast (I feel like I do this every two years...we go with who is cheaper and has a better package). My husband was the primary---so we just called Verizon and it got reset...Hope that helps

I did call and have all primary info, but they still could not help. And as i stated, when i click on forgot answer, it only wants to RESET the primary user. NOTHING about the sub account user. I got no where, but i may have her call some time. FUSTRATING.

mwoolfso
10-26-2015, 07:57 AM
Verizon is notorious for providing services for retail customers in spaces they do not operate well in.... and then provide little to no support. E-mail is one of those areas.

What you need to do is go through the motions with Verizon and do not take "no" for an answer. If the rep cannot help you, request an escalation to a manager or Level 2/3 support. If you keep pressing eventually you will get to someone that knows how to help you.

PA DETAILER
11-05-2015, 08:41 AM
:dblthumb2: After a talk with verizon last night, she got it back up.

mwoolfso
11-05-2015, 09:59 AM
Excellent.