PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question

bym007
10-25-2015, 10:55 AM
A quick question.

How does the Megs M range (M105, M205 etc) compare to Ultimate (Ultimate compound, Ultimate Polish etc) for single car owner/enthusiast ?

Tapatalkin' from my Sony Xperia Z3 Dual

therapy1
10-25-2015, 11:06 AM
Megs Ultimate compound and Ultimate polish are derived from M105 and M205 but made a little more user friendly. Probably not as aggressive either which is what makes them more user friendly.

FUNX650
10-25-2015, 11:08 AM
I believe the below posting by forum member The Guz
...(Thank you!)...provides the necessary information of which you are inquiring:

"The simple answer is that the Mirror Glaze line is targeted to the body shop industry, the ultimate line is targeted to the consumer (and the Detailer line is targeted to the detailer who wants to save money on bulk versions of products).

The Ultimate line is as close as you are going to get to the Mirror Glaze line.

Ultimate Compound is derived from M105. Same abrasives. The differences being that M105 offers more cut but shorter working time. Ultimate compound offers a longer working time to be more user friendly but less cut than M105. This doesn't mean to discount Ultimate Compound. It can do some amazing things. Another difference is that M105 has a slight learning curve. It can be frustrating for a new user. It does dust more than Ult. Compound and it can be a paint to remove from paint if over worked or too much product is used.

Ultimate Polish is derived from M205. Same abrasives. The main difference between the two is that M205 offers more cut while Ult. Polish offers more polishing oils. M205 still has plenty of polishing oils. My personal preference is M205. It's a much more versatile product than Ult. Polish.

I've used many Meguiar's products and they all work great.

Ult. Compound = Derived from M105. Think of them as cousins

Ult Polish = Derived from M205. Think of them as cousins

Ult. Quik Detailer = M135 is the bulk version in the Mirror Glaze line.

Ult. Quik Wax = D156 is the bulk version in the Detailer Line

NXT = M21 in the Mirror Glaze Line is the equivalent

Ult. Wax = There is no equivalent

Paint Protect 365 = There is no equivalent

I no longer use M105. I prefer M101 for a compound that I need for heavy correction. It has a longer working time than M105.

M205 is my recommended polish from Meguiar's.

M21 or Ultimate Wax are my two recommended sealants from Meguiar's. The difference between these two is that Ultimate Wax will last a little longer than M21.

M26 is my recommended carnauba wax from Meguiar's.

The benefit of sticking with the same family is synergy. All products are designed to work with each other".

Bob

bym007
10-25-2015, 12:09 PM
So that clarifies my doubts. Can they be used effectively using the Megs DA Power kit, which attaches to a standard drill. I have a cordless B&D 14V drill.

Is that going to work? My car has a lot of swirls, that need cleaning up.

Tapatalkin' from my Sony Xperia Z3 Dual