PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning wheel barrels when Rinseless washing

Pages : [1] 2

Jomax
10-24-2015, 07:33 PM
How do you guys clean inside the rims? I usually use a rim brush when I use water, but it doesn't seem like it would work using one without quite a bit of water.

Do you guys just spray them down and wipe with a MF? And the barrels just don't get cleaned?

Recently did a Lexus IS350F that has High performance brakes and they were bad.

I sprayed them with ONR and used a MF the best I could. I just couldn't clean them inside very well...

GSKR
10-24-2015, 07:49 PM
I assume no pressure washer?

Real Riders
10-24-2015, 08:02 PM

I would say if he had a pressure washer available there would be no reason to do a Rinseless Wash or clean the wheels with ONR. You could wash the car with car soap (two bucket method) and just spray the wheels with Sonax Full Effect and then rinse. Does this sound correct?

FUNX650
10-24-2015, 08:14 PM
How do you guys clean inside the rims?
Do you guys just spray them down and wipe with a MF?
Yes...
that's basically how I do inner wheel barrels,

Recently did a Lexus IS350F that has
High performance brakes and they were bad.

I sprayed them with ONR and used a MF
the best I could. I just couldn't clean them
inside very well...
Without access to free-flowing water sources
(including pressure washers); and, when not removing
tire/wheel assemblies from the vehicles; I find that
there are, quite often, limitations to the total amount
of inner wheel barrel cleaning that can be accomplished
whenever I'm using RWs/WWs.

Bob

fly07sti
10-24-2015, 08:21 PM
If the wheels have enough room, I just get in there with a cotton terry towel and wipe it down then toss the towels after.

Real Riders
10-24-2015, 08:24 PM

In my opinion the whole point of a Rinseless Was is to be able to detail a car anywhere without a water source. The Rinseless Wash also saves water and does not produce runoff with chemicals that will flow down the storm drain and contaminate the water supply. It's much more Eco Friendly and meets EPA regulations in drought stricken areas. Plus you can wash your car in the garage in the winter

Mantilgh
10-24-2015, 10:13 PM
This was just recently posted if you haven't seen it.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/96190-how-do-rinseless-wheel-wash.html

I use my normal products to clean with and I use a pump sprayer filled with water to rinse with and agitation with my brushes to help, or I use my rinse bucket and brushes similar to the method in the video in the link above.

conman1395
10-24-2015, 10:46 PM
I use microfiber towels, a demoted wash mitt, or wheel woolies.

In my opinion, wheel woolies are one of the best ways because they carry so much solution.

Another good/cheap option is just getting a grout sponge and cutting it in half.

Klasse Act
10-25-2015, 08:16 AM
I have a 2 gallon hand pump that I use to clean the wheels and barrels. I always have wheel cleaner so I have never used RW solution to clean my wheels. I have wheel woolies and I guess I could use the old solution but what I do there is this:

I take a cleaned out empty cat litter jug and place one of my mf gloves over the opening and pour in the old solution. The mf glove acts as a filter and you can actually see particles going into the glove. When done and when I'm done wiping out and rinsing the buckets I just pour the filtered solution back into the jug, add 2 ounces of fresh RW mix and fill the bucket to 3 gallons, done.

Sorry, I know this goes off the tracks a bit but it will surely help someone out.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Jomax
10-26-2015, 02:04 AM

That is correct, no pressure washer.

GSKR
10-26-2015, 05:59 AM
If no pressure washer,or hose I don't know how you can clean a car using that method.what happens when pull up to a job and the car is filthy I guess you have to make it work.For me I couldn't do it ,will take up so much time only if it was very very lightly dirty.

Klasse Act
10-26-2015, 09:54 AM
OP, your not a business, are you? Kinda confused with the previous post a couple back. Buy that 2 gallon hand pump and get some DUB wheel cleaner and some good brushes and you'll be good to go. I've lived in an apartment for a couple years now and it's how I keep my car clean all the time👈

GSKR
10-26-2015, 10:06 AM
That maybe suggested,but you're not gonna be able to do that with let's say a dirty wheels black f350 pickup for a detail.It would take you 2 hrs just to do all the jams bug wheels etc,maybe good for your car cause you're on top of it ,business wise no.

Jomax
10-26-2015, 10:29 AM
OP, your not a business, are you? Kinda confused with the previous post a couple back. Buy that 2 gallon hand pump and get some DUB wheel cleaner and some good brushes and you'll be good to go. I've lived in an apartment for a couple years now and it's how I keep my car clean all the time👈

I'm not a business. But do it for friends/family. This particular car is in a Parking garage at his office. I'm going there once a week. (Just started last week)

Figured someone has to have a good way without water.

I'll be buying what you recommended! Thanks!!

Bunky
10-26-2015, 10:30 AM
I just use the remaining rinseless product.