PDA

View Full Version : Best product to clean raised white letters

Pages : [1] 2

JRF61
09-23-2007, 02:07 PM
Hello,
What is the best product for cleaning raised white letters on tires?
I have heard that the products that have bleach in them can be harmful to the tire. Could someone please recommend a safe to use cleaner that would not harm my tires.
Thanks in advance,
JRF

makdaddy626
09-23-2007, 02:11 PM
Amazing Roll Off.

Reddwarf
09-23-2007, 03:06 PM
I've not used this myself, but you may want to consider Poorboy’s World Bio-Degradable All Purpose Whitewall Cleaner and Degreaser (http://www.autogeek.net/pbapc32.html)

trhland
09-23-2007, 03:29 PM
i use an all purpose degreeser and a brass brush spray the tire then give it a quick brush then wolla nice and clean :iagree::goodpost::D

ScottB
09-23-2007, 06:02 PM
Westleys Bleache White and Poorboys APC are two choices, one OTC and one boutique.

Jimmie
09-23-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm still using Westleys but only on lettering and then I'll go over the whole tire with ARO.

blk45
09-23-2007, 08:40 PM
I'm still using Westleys but only on lettering and then I'll go over the whole tire with ARO.

The ARO doesn't work well by itself? I haven't tried it on whitewalls, but it works great on blackwalls.

carnut00
09-23-2007, 08:40 PM
You could just use Poorboys Bold and Bright. Heres what it says in the description:
I prefer to agitate the tires, especially whitewalls and raised white letters (RWLs) with a brush to enhance the effectiveness of the cleaning action.

Showroom Shine
09-23-2007, 08:45 PM
To clean the white raised lettering on my own vehicle. I use an APC sprayed on a terry cloth towel. I just rub the dirt off. There's no need for rinsing. I did use westlys years ago. Even though it works very well. That is a very strong product. It will eventually wear the white totally off the tire. It will also turn the black rubber cloudy grayish like. If you just have to use westly's I would dilute it ,use a rag, not a brush. I had $300 a piece tyres on my Cadillac. They are spelled Vogue Tyre, that's their spelling also. I had the white and yellow and the yellow strips respectively. These are expensive tires. Stay away from the bleach white. If at all possible keep it off your tires. IMO

Richard
Showroom Shine Auto Detailing LLC

budman3
09-23-2007, 08:53 PM
You could just use Poorboys Bold and Bright. Heres what it says in the description:
I prefer to agitate the tires, especially whitewalls and raised white letters (RWLs) with a brush to enhance the effectiveness of the cleaning action.

100% agreed. An APC will work to get everything off of the tires and BnB will clean them up even more. I would suggest doing the whole tire first and then come back to the raised white letters with a terry towel and apply some more BnB to that area and rub it in a little ... that should do the trick. Cleaning the tires and lettering + a tire dressing + water based = :righton:

Gary Sword
09-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Lacquer Thinner works very wheel on raised white letters.

joe.p
09-23-2007, 09:16 PM
you can use Bleach white..if you have used tire dressing that is high in silicones i would suggest simple green full strenghth.. ONLY...if you don't have aluminum wheels..

Jimmie
09-23-2007, 09:29 PM
The ARO doesn't work well by itself? I haven't tried it on whitewalls, but it works great on blackwalls.

Yes, ARO will work on whitewalls but only with a lot of agitation and then not quite as white as Westleys. I agree with you that it is great on blackwalls.

Surfer
09-23-2007, 10:02 PM
To clean the white raised lettering on my own vehicle. I use an APC sprayed on a terry cloth towel. I just rub the dirt off. There's no need for rinsing. I did use westlys years ago. Even though it works very well. That is a very strong product. It will eventually wear the white totally off the tire. It will also turn the black rubber cloudy grayish like. If you just have to use westly's I would dilute it ,use a rag, not a brush. I had $300 a piece tyres on my Cadillac. They are spelled Vogue Tyre, that's their spelling also. I had the white and yellow and the yellow strips respectively. These are expensive tires. Stay away from the bleach white. If at all possible keep it off your tires. IMO

Richard
Showroom Shine Auto Detailing LLCWestleys is all I've used for years, I always see people saying issues they had, for some reason I never had any trouble with any of my tires over the years, not even greying/browning...? I love it.

P1et
09-23-2007, 10:37 PM
My wife's SUV has the white letters on the tires and nothing works better than the Megs brush and some Simple Green. Frankly, they look so good when clean that I never put any tire dressing on afterwards.