PDA

View Full Version : Help choosing the right size pressure washer quick connects..

dpk20x
10-23-2015, 07:14 PM
Just bought a new 50' hose for my Powerworks 1700 psi pressure washer. Could use a little help in picking out the proper size connections.

Take a look here at the ends of the original hose. The smaller diameter, u-shaped end on the left is the part that connects to the reel on my pressure washer.

The other end connects to the wand. My new hose has two ends identical to this. Here's the link to it Amazon.com: B & S, Craftsman, Generac & Karcher 1/4" X 50' Pressure Washer Hose - Made in USA: Patio, Lawn & Garden (http://www.amazon.com/Craftsman-Generac-Karcher-Pressure-Washer/dp/B00HSSIB0S/ref=sr_1_1?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1445645339&sr=1-1&keywords=B+%26+S%2C+Craftsman%2C+Generac+%26+Karch er+1%2F4%22+X+50%27+Pressure+Washer+Hose+-+Made+in+USA)

My wand connects to the new hose so I'm all set there. Just need to figure out what adapters I need to buy to hook up to the reel. Quick disconnects would be nice. Anyone have any idea what fittings I need? Thanks :xyxthumbs:

dpk20x
10-23-2015, 07:15 PM

GSKR
10-23-2015, 08:11 PM
Hard to tell,just go to a pressure washer company if there is one around you,let them get what you need that's what I would do instead of going to Home Depot 10 times,or go where you purchased the machine.

dpk20x
10-23-2015, 09:25 PM
Yeah I was hoping to avoid another trip to the hardware store and there's no pressure washer companies around here that I'm aware of.

I was hoping someone here would just know what size connection that is? The new hose has M22 ends. Surely that other end must be some standard size?

I know I can't be the only geek on here that's put a longer hose on a greenworks/powerworks pressure washer.

wing commander
10-24-2015, 01:29 AM
Bring the machine with you to buy the fittings and fit it in the parking lot. Return the unused parts. Good luck,I went to Northern Tool and found all the fittings.

GSKR
10-24-2015, 08:02 AM
Even better good luck.you maybe putting a strain on that machine with 50 feet of hose at 1700 psi and a retail store bought machine ,I would read the manual before doing this to be sure I assume it's electric.

dpk20x
10-24-2015, 09:20 AM
Bring the machine with you to buy the fittings and fit it in the parking lot. Return the unused parts. Good luck,I went to Northern Tool and found all the fittings.

Yeah guess that's the only real way to do this. No Northern Tools here in New England unfortunately. Guess I'll try Home Depot or maybe Ace Hardware. I did not see a big selection in Lowes but that may have been because I was only looking in the garden section by the pressure washers. Should have taken a look in the plumbing department while I was there.

dpk20x
10-24-2015, 09:21 AM
Even better good luck.you maybe putting a strain on that machine with 50 feet of hose at 1700 psi and a retail store bought machine ,I would read the manual before doing this to be sure I assume it's electric.

Yup it's electric. There's a pretty long thread on here with a lot of members putting 50' hoses on similar pressure washers. Some did report a significant drop in pressure while others had no issues. No one in that thread mentioned anything about their motors blowing up after installing the hose.

Guess I'll just take my chances. I have an Avalanche and I get tired of lugging the washer from one end of the truck to the other. I've had this pressure washer two seasons already which I guess is a pretty good run for an electric.