PDA

View Full Version : I'm curious about how good Sonax products are

Pages : [1] 2

Dan Tran
10-23-2015, 03:46 PM
Some of their products look like I want to drink them..

But serious how's their line???

Kamakaz1961
10-23-2015, 03:58 PM
I have used their Detailer, Wheel Cleaner and their Paste Wax. All are top notch products. I hear nothing but great things about them. I would not hesitate to get any of their products.

I am a Wax Addict or a SNOB and I am real picky about carnauba waxes both liquid and paste waxes and the Sonax Carnauba Paste Wax is one of my favorites. Out of the 30 or 40 waxes I have and used...Sonax is one of my favorite waxes.

I have heard great things about their compounds and polishes too. With this 15% Discount I would say get what you want with that brand.

GSKR
10-23-2015, 07:13 PM
Yes the compound line is really good , I wet sanded a little triumph and used the compound easy peasy cut great with very to little marring or halograms definetly a must have in your detailing arsenal.

1fastTbird
10-23-2015, 08:28 PM
I have used their wheel cleaner, brilliant shine detailer, dashboard cleaner, and polymer net shield. All are top notch.

ViperGuy21
10-23-2015, 09:04 PM
I have used their Detailer, Wheel Cleaner and their Paste Wax. All are top notch products. I hear nothing but great things about them. I would not hesitate to get any of their products.

I am a Wax Addict or a SNOB and I am real picky about carnauba waxes both liquid and paste waxes and the Sonax Carnauba Paste Wax is one of my favorites. Out of the 30 or 40 waxes I have and used...Sonax is one of my favorite waxes.

I have heard great things about their compounds and polishes too. With this 15% Discount I would say get what you want with that brand.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but could you tell me, in your opinion, what is the best carnauba paste wax $40 or less. I'm gonna be in the market for a new wax quite soon and was wondering what you think since you are a 'wax addict'
I was looking at DP Max Wax and have heard great things about it. I don't wanna spend more than $40 because my budget is quite limited by my parents (I'm only 17). If push comes to shove I'm sure I can spend a few more but not a ton more. I am just hitting the bottom of my pot of CG XXX and really liked it, but want to try something a little different and hopefully even better

custmsprty
10-23-2015, 09:20 PM
Pete's 53

But the best Combo Value is this:

BLACKFIRE Wet-Ice Over Fire Combo (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-wet-ice-combo.html)

Kamakaz1961
10-23-2015, 09:22 PM
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but could you tell me, in your opinion, what is the best carnauba paste wax $40 or less. I'm gonna be in the market for a new wax quite soon and was wondering what you think since you are a 'wax addict'
I was looking at DP Max Wax and have heard great things about it. I don't wanna spend more than $40 because my budget is quite limited by my parents (I'm only 17). If push comes to shove I'm sure I can spend a few more but not a ton more. I am just hitting the bottom of my pot of CG XXX and really liked it, but want to try something a little different and hopefully even better

I have not tried DP Max Wax (yet), however, DP is from PBMG and their products are excellent. I would choose Max Wax any day over Chemical Guys XXX.

Additionally, for under $40 look at Collinite 915 and Poorboys Red are excellent waxes. Blackfire Midnight Sun is also another great wax!!

Mp0wer
10-24-2015, 05:35 AM
I've been using their brilliant shine detailer, it's kinda like net shield, it has incredible hydrophobic capabilities

DogRescuer
10-24-2015, 07:10 AM
Im using their dash cleaner and love it.

Mike Phillips
10-24-2015, 08:13 AM
But serious how's their line???

The words, top shelf and very good come to my mind when asked your question.

The most difficult product to formulate in my opinion when it comes to creating an entire line of products are the compounds, polishes and cleaner/waxes as it is these products that rely on great abrasive technology in order to excel past the competition.

I included SONAX compounds and polishes in my Flex 3401 how-to book as products I would use and recommend with the Flex 3401 and if I was not confident in their quality for working on black paint or any color paint I would not have recommended them in my book.

:)

GSKR
10-24-2015, 08:21 AM
Max wax is great easy to remove,provides real color depth.I know a lot of you guys work indoors,I'm mobile so max wax can be a little struggle removing on hood ,roof or trunk lots of silicone in that wax far exceeds natty paste wax just my two cents good luck.

KMdef9
10-24-2015, 11:40 AM
Polymer Net Shield is my favorite sealant. And their quick detailer can be used as maintenance spray sealant.

Their wheel cleaner is over priced IMO. Meg's Dub works just as well at over half the cost.

Their trim restorer didn't work that well either.

FUNX650
10-24-2015, 01:11 PM
Sonax is "good enough" to have become a contributing
member of the Nanotechnology Project; wherein:
there is a dynamic list of internationally manufactured
consumer products---based on actual nanotechnology.

Currently:
Sonax has 13 (thirteen) automotive related
nano-products on that list. :dblthumb2:

As far as I know...
Not too many of the other:
Brands that are familiar-to-detailers...
have done likewise.

Bob

Kamakaz1961
10-24-2015, 01:26 PM
Sonax is "good enough" to have become a contributing
member of the Nanotechnology Project; wherein:
there is a dynamic list of internationally manufactured
consumer products---based on actual nanotechnology.

Currently:
Sonax has 13 (thirteen) automotive related
nano-products on that list. :dblthumb2:

As far as I know...
Not too many of the other:
Brands that are familiar-to-detailers...
have done likewise.

Bob

As Always Bob. Thank you for your information!! Have a great day!! Bud! AGO's Human Encyclopedia Strikes Again!!

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-24-2015, 02:16 PM
I have not used a bad product in their massive selection of products.