PDA

View Full Version : Removing dealer sticker on rear bumper

Danny9447537
10-19-2015, 10:51 PM
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if it's safe to use Goo Gone/Goo Off on my rear bumper that has a giant decal sticker. If so, I would probably use that and some floss to work it out.

davey g-force
10-19-2015, 11:28 PM
Yep, it's safe.

You'll just need to wax the area again afterwards, since it will remove any existing wax / sealants. You may also want to polish if the floss leaves any light swirls or scratches.

Danny9447537
10-20-2015, 01:46 AM
Yep, it's safe.

You'll just need to wax the area again afterwards, since it will remove any existing wax / sealants. You may also want to polish if the floss leaves any light swirls or scratches.

Thank you!

Just gently removed it with my fingernail but the letters left an imprint with what appears to be residue?

Hopefully it doesn't stay like that after I soak it in Goo Gone.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-20-2015, 02:24 AM
It is completely save. I use it quite often for de-badging vehicles.

After the sticker residue is completely removed, you may need to polish the affected area to return a uniform appearance.

Danny9447537
10-20-2015, 04:24 PM
It is completely save. I use it quite often for de-badging vehicles.

After the sticker residue is completely removed, you may need to polish the affected area to return a uniform appearance.

Just finished removing all of it :xyxthumbs: Had to soak the imprint in Goo Gone for 10 minutes and washed the affected area with some Meguiar's shampoo. I'll be polishing the entire car this weekend when I get my Flex 3401 kit! Can't wait! Woohoo!

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-21-2015, 01:28 AM
Just finished removing all of it :xyxthumbs: Had to soak the imprint in Goo Gone for 10 minutes and washed the affected area with some Meguiar's shampoo.

Good to hear!

I'll be polishing the entire car this weekend when I get my Flex 3401 kit! Can't wait! Woohoo!

Sounds good! Don't hesitate to ask questions if need be. Keep us updated!