PDA

View Full Version : Aerospace 303 Protectant

descout
10-19-2015, 07:41 PM
I am thinking that I might use some Blackfire APC to clean my tonneau then apply the 303. Anyone think that this will be an issue? The only reason I ask is because I know that 303 makes a cleaner to use before the protectant but I have the APC on hand.

davey g-force
10-19-2015, 08:24 PM
No issues - apart from it may not last too long.

*EDIT* not because of the APC, but because of the nature of the product.

Desertnate
10-20-2015, 08:13 AM
No issues - apart from it may not last too long.

*EDIT* not because of the APC, but because of the nature of the product.

Agree. I love 303 for the interior, but on exteriors I've never seen more than about a week of protection. Less if there is any precipitation.

Paul A.
10-20-2015, 08:21 AM
I also agree with the longevity issue with 303 on exterior pieces. I'm with desertnate in that i like it for interior surfaces and because of that tried it on exteriors to find it extremely perishable.

I might advise you to thoroughly flush off the APC before applying. Maybe...just maybe...it might last a little longer with a completely clean and dried surface. Maybe an Eraser wipe down before applying might help too but quite honestly i don't think it will last too long fully exposed outside. I do like the look it gave me and maybe keeping up with frequent applications may work a little better but i have found better products for exterior trim. I offer that last point if it is the only thing you have on hand. It is supposed to offer pretty good UV protection.

Pats300zx
10-20-2015, 08:24 AM
I am thinking that I might use some Blackfire APC to clean my tonneau then apply the 303. Anyone think that this will be an issue? The only reason I ask is because I know that 303 makes a cleaner to use before the protectant but I have the APC on hand.

Have you considered the new Blackfire AIO Trim Protectorant. It cleans and dressing vinyl in one step. I just used some on the toneau cover on my Dodge Ram and was very impressed with the cleaning ability. As others have said 303 is great on interiors and as an engine dressing. However it lacks durability on exterior trim.

MPBGT
10-20-2015, 07:09 PM
So working for 303 there is one thing I want to clarify. While 303 AP's look may run in the rain. The UV inhibitor is not water soluble so it will remain after a rain. It will no longer be there after a soap and water wash, wipe down with cleaner or after 30-45 days of exposure. Whichever comes first. Also some of the product on certain surfaces is absorbed and will prevent cracking.
While there are other products that work great, 303 AP is the only product recommended by tonneau cover manufacturers Extang and RollnLock.

When it's all said and done its user preference.

To answer the original question. You can probably use the black fire cleaner. As long as it rinses residue free your good.