PDA

View Full Version : i made a mistake...my fault

Pages : [1] 2

Lustrous Detail
10-19-2015, 04:20 PM
So i bought the 6 pack 5 inch Hybrids. I didn't read the description clearly. I missed the beveled part and the rear pad being 4 inch. I got the 4-3/8 inch backing plate.

Anyone know where I can get the 4 inch backing plate for the flex. I know theres the interchangeable ones but not too good reviews on that one. Chemical Guys has them but wanted to see if anyont else sells them. Thank you.

Kamakaz1961
10-19-2015, 04:31 PM
I still can't figure out why a couple of AGO people say there are problems with the Lake Country 4" Backing Plates. I have both the 7" and 4" Backing Plate from Lake Country (this was when LC sold both and now discontinued the 7" BP) and have no issues whatsoever.

I think you are really doing yourself a real big Dis-service by NOT getting it.

The only difference with the Lake Country BP is that you have to make sure the Plate lines up with the shaft mount...that's it. My guess is that is where the problem arises.

Additionally, Lake Country service is 2nd to none and I would assume they would replace a defective BP.

Again, that is me and I am perplexed as to why you aren't getting it based on a couple of negative forum reviews.

If you don't then the 5" Hybrid Pads you have are useless. I believe Lake Country designed those pads to work with the Flex as well as the Backing Plate.

whavens
10-19-2015, 05:42 PM
I have had no issues with my 4 inch Lake Country BP. Easy to change and works like a charm.

Walter

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

dlc95
10-19-2015, 09:40 PM
AG has them, of course.

Gotta be weary. Some people have a bad experience with something, and all of the sudden, the world is crashing.

I came across reviews of the LC cyan h20 pads that would make you think that just looking at at them wrong would begin to send cyan foam bits flying around the garage. Then you look at post history, and can deduce that this guy probably beats the living hell out of them.

Not my style, thus they hold up great for me!

Same goes with that plate. LC makes high quality stuff. They'll help you out if you need it.

cardaddy
10-19-2015, 10:34 PM
Nothing wrong AT ALL with the LC interchangeable backing plate system. :)

Just make sure you use the correct bolt(s) and washers for your plate(s) and you'll be fine. ;)

Lustrous Detail
10-19-2015, 10:36 PM
I still can't figure out why a couple of AGO people say there are problems with the Lake Country 4" Backing Plates. I have both the 7" and 4" Backing Plate from Lake Country (this was when LC sold both and now discontinued the 7" BP) and have no issues whatsoever.

I think you are really doing yourself a real big Dis-service by NOT getting it.

The only difference with the Lake Country BP is that you have to make sure the Plate lines up with the shaft mount...that's it. My guess is that is where the problem arises.

Additionally, Lake Country service is 2nd to none and I would assume they would replace a defective BP.

Again, that is me and I am perplexed as to why you aren't getting it based on a couple of negative forum reviews.

If you don't then the 5" Hybrid Pads you have are useless. I believe Lake Country designed those pads to work with the Flex as well as the Backing Plate.

The reviews I read were from the AGO store not the forum. Consistent reviews saying "it gets hot and brittle causing it to crack". Nothing that says about the shaft mount.

Lustrous Detail
10-19-2015, 10:37 PM
AG has them, of course.

Gotta be weary. Some people have a bad experience with something, and all of the sudden, the world is crashing.

I came across reviews of the LC cyan h20 pads that would make you think that just looking at at them wrong would begin to send cyan foam bits flying around the garage. Then you look at post history, and can deduce that this guy probably beats the living hell out of them.

Not my style, thus they hold up great for me!

Same goes with that plate. LC makes high quality stuff. They'll help you out if you need it.

Thanks! Takes a lot to make my world crash. But this ain't crashing it. Lol

wing commander
10-20-2015, 12:10 AM
The same person posted 2 reviews with little details except to say no good.I believe he installed the plate wrong and cracked it when he tightened it down.I have this 4" plate and ordered it because AGO will stand behind any product they sell. It is very well made and can't tell difference from OEM 5.5 plate that comes with the 3401 except size. Just buy it and enjoy your Flex.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-20-2015, 02:01 AM

Just make sure you use the correct bolt(s) and washers for your plate(s) and you'll be fine. ;)

:iagree:

I'm still on the original launch "plate system" without any issues.

Lustrous Detail
10-20-2015, 05:49 PM
The same person posted 2 reviews with little details except to say no good.I believe he installed the plate wrong and cracked it when he tightened it down.I have this 4" plate and ordered it because AGO will stand behind any product they sell. It is very well made and can't tell difference from OEM 5.5 plate that comes with the 3401 except size. Just buy it and enjoy your Flex.

Thanks!

Lustrous Detail
10-20-2015, 05:50 PM

Does it come with the correct bolts and washers or do I buy them seperate?

Lustrous Detail
10-20-2015, 05:51 PM
:iagree:

I'm still on the original launch "plate system" without any issues.

Thanks!

DaveT435
10-20-2015, 06:20 PM
It comes with everything you need.

cardaddy
10-20-2015, 06:51 PM
Does it come with the correct bolts and washers or do I buy them seperate?

Wouldn't expect anything less (from LC & AG). ;)

It comes with everything you need.

Yup!

Lustrous Detail
10-20-2015, 10:24 PM
Thanks guys