PDA

View Full Version : 3m green tape !! pics!!!!!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

trhland
09-22-2007, 06:59 PM
pics of the 3m green tape ive been useing 233+ premium automotive tape. i find this is alot better then the blue it doesnt leave any residue at all comes off nice and easy .dont get me wrong the blue is good but it does leave residue some times.

Sevenrd
09-22-2007, 07:09 PM
Nice. I actually had 3M blue tape remove the decal of the hood badge on a bimmer I detailed. Fortunately it wasn't expensive to replace. Just ate into the profit of the detail.

trhland
09-22-2007, 07:45 PM
Nice. I actually had 3M blue tape remove the decal of the hood badge on a bimmer I detailed. Fortunately it wasn't expensive to replace. Just ate into the profit of the detail.
the greens the way to go this is what most body shops use.

littlemissGTO
09-22-2007, 10:23 PM
I used some green tape today. I'm glad I gave it a try. I don't think I'm going to use the blue tape any more.

Nica
09-23-2007, 01:14 AM
Thanks for sharing the pictures, I'll have to go and ask for the green tape next time I go visit my friend's Body Shop store.

trhland
09-23-2007, 05:46 AM
i bought it from autozone but they have it at pepboys and sears hardwear too

klumzypinoy
09-23-2007, 05:59 AM
i bought it from autozone but they have it at pepboys and sears hardwear too

THANKS!! Where else can I get it? Wal Mart carries it too maybe?

trhland
09-23-2007, 06:30 AM
THANKS!! Where else can I get it? Wal Mart carries it too maybe?
they might check the auto section or if they have a body shop sectionlook there mine was next to body filler bondo solvents ect section. its a great tape . i just more more last night.

littlemissGTO
09-23-2007, 08:06 AM
I found green tape at Ace Hardware.

Odd
09-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Never seen it in Norway, maybe only where you can buy paint for cars..

SpoiledMan
09-23-2007, 12:07 PM
I've taped hundreds of cars with blue tape and never had an issue with it sticking, removing trim or leaving residue behind. I bought some green tape once and the guy that sold it to me even said it was overkill for what it was being used for.

Jimmie
09-23-2007, 01:03 PM
I've taped hundreds of cars with blue tape and never had an issue with it sticking, removing trim or leaving residue behind. I bought some green tape once and the guy that sold it to me even said it was overkill for what it was being used for.

Aren't they close to the same price? I've bought both and remember thinking both are a lot of $$$.

SpoiledMan
09-23-2007, 01:12 PM
The only place that I've found around me that has the green is Finishmaster and they're high as all hell for anything as it is. The green tape was more expensive than the blue but I don't remember by how much.

trhland
09-23-2007, 03:25 PM
The only place that I've found around me that has the green is Finishmaster and they're high as all hell for anything as it is. The green tape was more expensive than the blue but I don't remember by how much.
the green was the same price as the blue. and as far as the blue tape goes for me it left residue .

SpoiledMan
09-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Tom, is it possible that the trim had been dressed or had some residue from being dressed that was actually removed partially when you removed the tape? Try using both tapes half and half on the same piece of trim and see if you get the same results.