PDA

View Full Version : Review of McKee's RV Wash & Wax RV Shampoo

AttyVette
10-19-2015, 11:17 AM
I was one of the lucky ones that was chosen to receive new products from Autogeek, namely the McKee's RV products, to review. This is my first review of one of the McKee's RV products, the Wash & Wax RV Shampoo. I started detailing our travel trailer on Sunday October 18, 2015 at 1 p.m. and finally finished at 7:15 p.m.

We have a Heartland bumper pull travel trailer that I detailed with the RV products. I last detailed our travel trailer this past July 2015.

The first product I used on my travel trailer, that I am reviewing now, is the McKee's Wash & Wax RV Shampoo. I brought out two buckets one a five gallon bucket and the other a smaller bucket. I also brought out a long handle brush that you could hook up to a water hose. However, I did not hook the wash brush hose up to a water hose and just used it to scrub the RV shampoo on the outside of the travel trailer.

In the large 5 gallon bucket, I poured 2 oz. of Wash & Wax RV Shampoo into the bucket. I then filled the large bucket using my water hose (with jet spray nozzle attachment on it) to put water in the bucket containing the wash & wax shampoo. The suds started appearing rapidly and I soon had suds building up and overflowing the top of the bucket. The smell of the RV shampoo is strawberry type smell and the shampoo itself is a reddish color. The second bucket I filled up only with clean water. The second bucket I used to rinse out the long handled water/scrub brush dipped into the first bucket with the RV Shampoo and then scrubbed down the exterior of my travel trailer.

I washed the travel trailer from top to bottom and the black dirt started running down the sides of the trailer. I was surprise that the trailer was as dirty as it was because just looking at the trailer, it did not look as dirty as the water and soap running off It indicated that it really was!

AttyVette
10-19-2015, 11:20 AM
This picture shows soap on side of the trailer ( and the dirt run off ) after I had started scrubbing it down with the long handled brush I dipped in the shampoo bucket,

I had to use a ladder to climb up and scrub the top of the trailer down to the bottom of the trailer. After I used the shampoo laden brush and scrubbed the sides of the trailer down, I would immediately dip the brush in the second bucket to rinse any dirt and debris off the brush . I always did this before I dipped the brush back in the first bucket with the shampoo mixture so that I would not introduce dirt into my soapy shampoo mixture.

AttyVette
10-19-2015, 11:36 AM
I continued this exact same procedure all around the travel trailer. However, after I washed each side of the trailer with the shampoo , I rinsed it off with my jet spray nozzle on my water hose. I had numerous microfiber towels and would climb the ladder and dry the sides of the towel from the top to the bottom. I could then really see the black streaks on my travel trailer left behind that the shampoo could not remove, After I used the shampoo on the entire trailer, I then came back to use the black streak remover to tackle the black streaks on the trailer. That is in my next review.

AttyVette
10-19-2015, 11:49 AM
I really like this RV shampoo and would recommend anyone that has an RV or travel trailer purchasing this product. It's easy to use and made my travel trailer look great before I used other McKee's products on my trailer. It smells pleasant and it made a lot of suds with only using 2 oz. in five gallons of water. However, if I had used 3 oz. of product instead of just 2 oz., I am sure there would even been more suds in my bucket and it already yielded a lot of suds with just 2 oz. agitated with high pressure water.

AttyVette
10-19-2015, 12:13 PM
Oh here is the picture of my buckets and suds..this was after I added water again (the first time the suds overflowed the bucket) I finally got this picture to post!

GSKR
10-19-2015, 02:56 PM
stuff is great.