PDA

View Full Version : Megs D103 (All Purpose Cleaner Plus)

toystry
10-18-2015, 08:30 PM
So last year I went crazy and bought $1,500 worth of cleaning supplies thinking I'd be religious about detailing my car on my own......well long story short, I didn't. I used "some" of the products but barely even touched a lot of the others. I've also noticed that I have the holy grail in my garage since the D103 is no longer sold in gallon jugs anymore so I want to ensure I put it to good use.

I'm trying to figure out what the Megs D103 APC is best used for or commonly used for. My searches shows it's used for EVERYTHING depending on how much you dilute it, but is it better used for one specific thing?

Any assistance is appreciated.

Marc08EX
10-18-2015, 08:36 PM
The main difference between the All Purpose Cleaner Plus to the standard All Purpose Cleaner is that the APC+ doesn't create suds. It's best used when you clean interior carpets/cloth/surfaces where you'd extract it later. Suds make extraction less effective or something like that.

But that doesn't mean you can't use it for anything you'd use your normal APC on. You can still clean your tires, plastic surfaces, engine bay, etc with APC+.

Hope this helps.

mwoolfso
10-19-2015, 09:15 AM
>> but is it better used for one specific thing? <<

In general, no.... since it is an "all purpose" cleaner. But the properties as Marc08EX pointed out give it some pluses and minuses. For instance, I wouldn't use an APC as a general, one-step glass cleaner - at any dilution.

Also, depending on how you would coat some surfaces an APC wouldn't necessarily be a panacea either since there is always some residue left on the surface. Maybe as a first-step in a 3-step process I would (e.g. - APC w/ soft brush --> IPA --> CarPro DLUX).

FUNX650
10-19-2015, 12:36 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/image95.jpeg

Photo Courtesy Of:
alleged to have been taken during the
October, 2015 regular monthly meeting of the I.D.A.

:D

Bob