PDA

View Full Version : How to prepare for another waxing

Pages : [1] 2

AutoApollo
10-17-2015, 05:20 PM
Hey guys, so I recently did a full detail on my car about 3 months ago (wash, clay, polish, wax). Ive been checking the paint this week and I feel it is in need of another waxing. I use megs gold class carnuaba wax. Can I give the car a wash and then apply wax? Or is there something in between I should be doing for better adhesion of the wax. Thanks!

GSKR
10-17-2015, 05:57 PM
after washing and drying use a spraywax .and use a better wax or maybe a sealant would prolong protection.

Kamakaz1961
10-17-2015, 05:59 PM
I would wash and at least do a baggie test if it needs claying. If it does then clay and (in my case I would use a pre-wax cleaner for your ride) and then wax.

I am doing that tonight too. I recently used a well known wax and it failed with flying colors (dull and ghosting).

I am washing, claying (nanoskin), polish (in areas that need it) and then pre-wax cleaner and then the LSP

GSKR
10-17-2015, 06:39 PM
Just curious what wax you used?

AutoApollo
10-17-2015, 07:05 PM
Just curious what wax you used?

Gold class carnuaba. I bought ultimate liquid wax but want to use up this gold class first

GSKR
10-17-2015, 07:12 PM
for what it's worth if you're gonna do all that work spend 14.00 and purchase collinite if waxing is your thing.Then take that goldclass wax and throw it in the garbage.

PaulMys
10-17-2015, 07:27 PM
for what it's worth if you're gonna do all that work spend 14.00 and purchase collinite if waxing is your thing.Then take that goldclass wax and throw it in the garbage.

I not only second GSKR's statement, I applaud it! :xyxthumbs:

AGOatemywallet
10-18-2015, 12:21 AM
after washing and drying use a spraywax .and use a better wax or maybe a sealant would prolong protection.

Did you read the OP question?

1 part vinegar....2 parts water

frankprozzoly
10-18-2015, 05:23 AM
The only thing I do is the baggie test as suggested. Honestly I don't use anything special to wipe down before applying anything. Maybe the lsp would bond better but i don't care, I enjoy waxing the car more than it needs anyway

Bunky
10-18-2015, 05:40 AM
You can just wash and then apply the new coat. You can use a spray wax after every few washes to maintain that just waxed look.

DogRescuer
10-18-2015, 05:42 AM
I purchased a can of prepsol to use as a wipe down prior to wax application its about gone so I may go back to an ipa @1:1, any thoughts?

addysdaddy
10-18-2015, 06:42 AM
You can just wash and then apply the new coat. You can use a spray wax after every few washes to maintain that just waxed look.

And/Or try BFCS or Opti-Seal after a wash. These are spray sealants that don't stain trim and you can "wax" the car in less than 10 minutes.

hoyt66
10-18-2015, 07:23 AM
I always use pinnacle paint cleansing lotion. Great product for lsp prep...of course like others have said....if no claying or polishing is needed
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2269_49831224

2black1s
10-18-2015, 01:27 PM
To answer the OPs question - Yes. Especially so since the car was fully detailed only three months ago. If you read the label on the Meg's Gold Class it states that it "cleans the surface", so there should be no bonding issues in applying it to the OPs car as is. I would consider this to be a "maintenance" waxing in between "full details".

Obviously, without seeing the car and knowing what the expectations are, an absolute definitive answer isn't possible. Nevertheless, with the information provided by the OP and a few likely assumptions the answer to his question is yes.

4u2nvinmtl
10-18-2015, 01:44 PM
I not only second GSKR's statement, I applaud it! :xyxthumbs:

I do too, Collinite rocks!