PDA

View Full Version : Can I use BLACKFIRE on Matte Stripes?

Pages : [1] 2

Nick McKees37
10-17-2015, 12:50 PM
We prefer that if you have a question in regards to a product or application of a product, that you post it on the forum for everyone to see, as there may be other people that have the same question. :)

This morning I received a PM asking the following questions:

Hello, I was unable to find any information on BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection in regards to:
1) What's the lowest reasonable temperature at which it can be applied? Would that temp be different if by hand or by DA Polisher?
2) Can BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection be applied over matte black stripes? I think in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YIYfAS9vR4Todd or Mike mention that it doesn't turn white on stripes, so it is OK for stripes. But, matte black stripes are not like glossy stripes, where the matte stripe is almost absorbent (for a lack of better words).

While I'm at the questions... same two questions but for the BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax (PLEASE).

Thank you in advance.

Great question!

1. Lowest temperature I would recommend applying any wax or sealant would be 55 degrees. Any cooler and the product may be difficult to work with. This goes for hand or machine application.

2. BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection was formulated specifically for painted surfaces. Factory-installed matte stripes are becoming a common option/dealer installed accessory on a lot of new sports cars, so we kept this in mind during the development of BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-crystal-seal.html) and BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Carnauba Spray Wax (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-midnight-sun-spray-wax.html). Both of these products can be applied to matte black stripes, paint protection films, clear bras, etc. They create a thin layer of UV protection that helps prevent cracking and fading.

3. Refer to the answer above in regards to the same question(s) being asked about Midnight Sun Carnauba Paste Wax.

:dblthumb2:

JHL88
10-17-2015, 02:06 PM
Cool Nick, since BF Crystal Seal can be used on stripes etc. what about WG Liquid Seal?

Nick McKees37
10-17-2015, 02:29 PM
Cool Nick, since BF Crystal Seal can be used on stripes etc. what about WG Liquid Seal?

Yes. :dblthumb2:

GSKR
10-17-2015, 03:02 PM
It's better than nothing .

EyeElect
10-18-2015, 01:34 PM
Thank you Nick.

Awesome news all around. I taped off the stripes when I DA Polished with Menzerna IP2000. I really wanted to get some protection on the stripes. So, this is great that the matte stripes will be OK. Just so you know, I did originally post my questions here...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/blackfire-wax-products/95983-blackfire-wet-diamond-all-finish-paint-protection-midnight-sun-ivory-carnauba-paste-wax.html#post1305384

silverfox
10-18-2015, 01:39 PM
Yes. I have matte stripes. No problem. It's funny the dealer did everything to talk me out of the stripes.. Said in a year they'd fade and I'd end up paying them to repaint the hood. To his surprise my stripes look better after 5 years than when new.

01GreyStangGT
10-18-2015, 02:55 PM
Crystal seal works great on them. I put Cquart DLux on my mine and they turned out great.

EyeElect
10-31-2015, 11:49 AM
What products (i.e. denatured alcohol) can be used to remove the "BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection". I put some on my plastic chin spoiler, and there is some staining/streaking. I had a couple stains, then applied some more sealer to see if it would get rid of the first few, but then got more. Then I tried the carnauba wax, and no go. I'd like to remove what is there and start again with a thin coat of maybe just the carnauba wax.

Thanks.

GSKR
10-31-2015, 12:42 PM
What products (i.e. denatured alcohol) can be used to remove the "BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection". I put some on my plastic chin spoiler, and there is some staining/streaking. I had a couple stains, then applied some more sealer to see if it would get rid of the first few, but then got more. Then I tried the carnauba wax, and no go. I'd like to remove what is there and start again with a thin coat of maybe just the carnauba wax.

Thanks.strip it and follow up with collinite keep it simple and low risk of any promblems,which you have now to deal with good luck let us know the results.

GSKR
10-31-2015, 12:51 PM
Or try solution finish.

hollerstiltner
10-31-2015, 12:54 PM

Thanks.

I would start with an APC on a brush or microfiber towel.

Once you get it cleaned and looking nice looking again, put a trim dressing on it like Wolfgang exterior trim sealant or blackfire total trim and tire sealant. Waxes and trim don't typically play well together.

GSKR
10-31-2015, 03:15 PM
strip it and follow up with collinite keep it simple and low risk of any promblems,which you have now to deal with good luck let us know the results.

That's why I suggested soulution finish collinite will hide a little of that whiteness you have but more than likely it will reappear.I would scrub it down with either straight alcohol or a apc with a stiff brush gonna be very time consuming and may not get rid of all the whiteness.There was a product a gentlemen bought to remove wax from plastic maybe some other members will see this post and remember,other than that scrubbing the molding is how I remove the whiteness but not 100 percent.

EyeElect
11-01-2015, 10:30 AM
Thank you all for the input. What is the "whiteness"? Is it affecting the plastic color permanently? Is it best that I remove it ASAP, or will removal be the same if I wait until spring (Chicagoland)? Sounds maybe like a stupid question, but my mother had a stroke a couple weeks ago and my time is spent in more important areas.

GSKR
11-01-2015, 01:30 PM
The removal will be the same,if it's a real annoyance to you maybe look into just buying a new piece if it's relatively cheap maybe 100 other wise you will have to find a way to remove this whiteness.That why I never put any coating on plastic mouldings ,if I'm 10 cars deep the last thing I want to do is try to remove it for free.lesson learned don't wax or coat any mouldings,even if you applied all the prep work and followed directions to a coating,the customer will go thru a carwash and the prep guy will pierce thru the coating let say on the mirror with a pressure washer it will fall back on you.

GSKR
11-01-2015, 01:40 PM
The white color is dried wax residue,hope your mom is doing well.