PDA

View Full Version : Detailer

Chala
10-17-2015, 12:14 AM
Can someone help me by recommending a good detailer that can be found anywhere, i.e., walmart, autozone napa...i have 3 day old bird dropping's i want to clean with a method i learned from the forum, i just need a good detailer, and can't wait to order online and wait for delivery, thanks!

ViperGuy21
10-17-2015, 12:22 AM
The only OTC detail spray I've used is MEGS quik detail and it was fine. Not as good as my favorite CG V07, but not bad

VISITOR
10-17-2015, 12:28 AM
Can someone help me by recommending a good detailer that can be found anywhere, i.e., walmart, autozone napa...i have 3 day old bird dropping's i want to clean with a method i learned from the forum, i just need a good detailer, and can't wait to order online and wait for delivery, thanks!

http://www.mothers.com/02_products/product/images/08224.jpg
this is the new ^ packaging if I'm not mistaken...

if they don't have that then this is the one to get...
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2269_31371724

Busy mind
10-17-2015, 01:12 AM
I've seen how quick bird shite will etch through, so I'd use any paint safe method at this point, and then be gentle later... You can get a Meguiars clay and lube kit from any of those stores.

AnthonyGXP
10-17-2015, 07:57 AM
I would recommend Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere which can be found at your local Wally World.

Much better lubrication than ANY detail spray because it's formulated for waterless washing.

If you can't find this, try Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer.

GSKR
10-17-2015, 08:21 AM
That's a weird request.Just blast it off with a pressure washer,run it through a car wash .Its gonna take days to remove need more info on the bird crap method thanks.

Eandras
10-17-2015, 08:28 AM
You could just soak a microfiber in plain water and place on the bird s##t. Let it dwell for a few. The water will lift the bird s##t. Wash as you would normally do and done.

Chala
10-18-2015, 01:18 AM
That's a weird request.Just blast it off with a pressure washer,run it through a car wash .Its gonna take days to remove need more info on the bird crap method thanks.
Weird request? I disagree, my former vehicle i used to spray it with 409 take a bounty and rub it off, i have since learned there is a science to it. I don't own a pressure washer and need to get the droppings off now. To everyone else thanks for your suggestions i appreciate it!

AGOatemywallet
10-18-2015, 01:31 AM
The acid in bird poop is activated when wet.

In costal areas, cars can get a layer of dew every night that re-activates the acid and it burrows deeper into your paint.

Remove ASAP.

The method of removal is not relevant.

Wet paper towel with leftover chilidog stains is OK...MF towel with QD is preferred

Chala
10-18-2015, 02:08 AM
Wet paper towel with leftover chilidog stains is OK...MF towel with QD is preferred
QD?

irvsmith
10-18-2015, 04:18 AM
Quick detailer

FUNX650
10-18-2015, 11:15 AM
Every Forum has one...
^^^:iagree:^^^

Here's ours:

bird poop...
The method of removal is not relevant.
Wet paper towel with leftover chilidog stains is OK...

Bob