PDA

View Full Version : NEW POLL --- Product of Choice

Pages : 1 [2] 3

ScottB
03-11-2006, 08:06 AM
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/fragend/confused-smiley-017.gif

All these intials ... can someone get a glossary going ????????????

flatstick
03-11-2006, 08:54 AM
Is 845 "insulator wax?" If it is can you give us a mini review of the product. I am looking intothe collinite wax line.

845 is the insulator wax. it goes on very easy, leaves a super durable shine and last a looooooooong time. as always prep is the key. IMO you must go super thin on application as it is a bit ( not much ) harder to remove then Natty's. to me is is the look of a clear carnuba, with very tight beads. the 476s was my go to for years. it lasts longer then the 845 but is tougher to remove. the advantage of the 476s is that it kept my cars better protected with all the salt we get in the winter here in the northeast. I use the 845 becuase it is easier for me to layer. just my two cents hope it helped you out.

Matt
03-11-2006, 09:33 AM
WPSPSW works best for me :p

Ah..I like to use UTALRANSBRUATLAMDANRTNTSNFSINA

:eek:

Erm....uh....I've been using carnauba more and more lately. I re-wax often, so the slight lack of durability (compared to a synthetic) isn't a big deal...I'm going all for looks. I usually use Sig Series II, Souveran, or P21S.

Mike T
03-11-2006, 10:01 AM
EX topped with Natty's Blue.

MCA
03-11-2006, 12:19 PM
I voted sealant/carnauba combo, but I don't do it all the time...I always top WG, EX-P, SG, VM, AIO and NXT. I never top UPP or DP PSS - I really like their looks and it would be shame to lose their slickness.

ScottB
03-11-2006, 12:51 PM
I voted sealant/carnauba combo, but I don't do it all the time...I always top WG, EX-P, SG, VM, AIO and NXT. I never top UPP or DP PSS - I really like their looks and it would be shame to lose their slickness.

I was in complete agreement with you until this :

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/167Vette_008.jpg

Thats UPP covered with Souveran. I was to lazy to strip it after last UPP coating. What I found was UPP is extremely close in look to one of the best known sealant competitors, yet easier to use (no mixing) and slicker to boot. While durability is lower, it truly is not an issue because it is so darn easy to add a quick layer. I have the super reflective UPP nature, and the wetness and depth only a true carnuba could offer.

I am currently trying Nattys Blue ... and at its price point, I can see no other choice for a topper.

BlkTac05
03-11-2006, 05:27 PM
I wanna lick that Vette!! Looks Shweet!!

MasterShineBoy
03-11-2006, 07:25 PM
I am currently trying Nattys Blue ... and at its price point, I can see no other choice for a topper.

While Natty's is a great bargain, I hate removing it! I feel like I need a chain saw compared to Sig Series2, P21s, ect.

joe.p
03-11-2006, 08:19 PM
While Natty's is a great bargain, I hate removing it! I feel like I need a chain saw compared to Sig Series2, P21s, ect.
Ditto, Souveran for me today..

cwcad
03-11-2006, 08:49 PM
I was in complete agreement with you until this :

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/167Vette_008.jpg

Thats UPP covered with Souveran. I was to lazy to strip it after last UPP coating. What I found was UPP is extremely close in look to one of the best known sealant competitors, yet easier to use (no mixing) and slicker to boot.

I must hold that comment in abience until I get a chance to compare for my self. I know that the UPP shine is there because I have seen it on a good detailers car. I did not touch it because the paint was in such good condition out of respect for the owner of the vehicle it would have been imprudent.

I have UPP on order. I want to experience a product that is slicker than that reputable product that one has to mix.

Detail_Guy
03-11-2006, 08:50 PM
I'm also a fan of synthetic wax topped with carnauba. UPP is an excellent choice, as is EX-P, and a bunch of others. I really don't find a big difference between most synthetic waxes, and I have tried most of them. :D Yes, UPP does have a bit more of the carnauba look, and in my opinion, is an excellent base on dark colors.

To be honest, Mothers' new Reflections Car Wax is as good as, and in some cases better (looks wise) than many of them. Especially on dark colors. On it's own, it looks fantastic. Topped with Souveran... WOW!

Natty's is also a fine choice. I have no trouble removing it... light, thin coats, let it haze, and it buffs off quite easily. Of course, it is a diffferent removal process than a WOWO product like Souveran, or P21S.

Sevenrd
03-11-2006, 09:19 PM
To be honest, Mothers' new Reflections Car Wax is as good as, and in some cases better (looks wise) than many of them. Especially on dark colors. On it's own, it looks fantastic. Topped with Souveran... WOW!

I'm with you. The Reflections line is very impressive.

MasterShineBoy
03-11-2006, 10:44 PM
I'm with you. The Reflections line is very impressive.

As much as I hate the Mothers brand this I might have to buy! :confused:

Tex Star Detail
03-12-2006, 01:21 AM
I wanna lick that Vette!! Looks Shweet!!

LMAO......I can't help but laugh at that post....hahahahah

EX-P ~Nattys Blue

Detail_Guy
03-12-2006, 08:36 AM
As much as I hate the Mothers brand this I might have to buy! :confused:

Well, if you like a product that is easy to use, the new Reflections Car Wax applies and removes incredibly easy. Same goes for FX Synwax.

Suprisingly, the price for the Reflections Car Wax here at AutoGeek is around $3 less than any of the local stores around me. So, pick some up on your next order. :D

Another product that doesn't get disscussed much, but is also a fine product, is Souveran Liquid Wax. No, it's not Souveran paste, but nice nonetheless... and very easy to use.