PDA

View Full Version : Stacking Collinite 845

mdreibelbis
10-16-2015, 08:52 AM
Hi All,

I'm putting some 845 on my car this weekend to get her ready for the Winter.

Wondering how much (if any) benefit I would get from applying one layer of 845, letting the car sit for a day, then putting another layer on? In other words - how much (if you can quantify) extra protection does the second layer provide?

The reason I wonder is you read so much about how you need to prep the surface to get the LSP to properly bind - so how well will the 845 bind to itself?

Thanks!

FUNX650
10-16-2015, 09:08 AM
...how well will the 845 bind to itself!
Without the aid of, say: sensitive instrumentation,
like an electron microscope----that can most likely
be found in the Berkeley National Labs...

I'm going to take a stab and say:
'Well enough.'

Bob

Desertnate
10-16-2015, 10:28 AM
Based on the durability I've experienced from 845, I don't know if there is really a need for another layer.

Zubair
10-16-2015, 10:58 AM
I never layer as I'm quite certain I have full coverage on the first application. If you doubting coverage, a second application 24 hours or more later won't hurt.

parshooter
10-16-2015, 11:33 AM
Based on the durability I've experienced from 845, I don't know if there is really a need for another layer.
I just got 2 extra hours freed up this weekend :xyxthumbs:

mdreibelbis
10-16-2015, 11:46 AM
I never layer as I'm quite certain I have full coverage on the first application. If you doubting coverage, a second application 24 hours or more later won't hurt.

I'm using my PC7424 so I'm fairly certain I can get 100% coverage with one application.

Thanks - that jives with what I've seen in other forums. I think I'll roll with one layer and see how she holds up over the Winter.

mwoolfso
10-16-2015, 11:57 AM
2 layers is fine.... it's been done before by folks around AGO longer than me (anyone can search the forums for proof)... and I have done it myself.

AZpolisher15
11-11-2015, 07:32 PM
My theory on this is that whatever the wax contains to make it a liquid in the bottle will liquify (dissolve) the the wax you laid down the day before. Does it hurt anything? No. Does it add anything? I don't think so. You're still wiping off 99% of it. But the benefit lies in ensuring that you get an even coat on the whole vehicle. So in that regard, yes it can be worthwhile to do two coats.

mwoolfso
11-13-2015, 06:12 PM
My theory on this is that whatever the wax contains to make it a liquid in the bottle will liquify (dissolve) the the wax you laid down the day before. Does it hurt anything? No. Does it add anything? I don't think so. You're still wiping off 99% of it. But the benefit lies in ensuring that you get an even coat on the whole vehicle. So in that regard, yes it can be worthwhile to do two coats.

:iagree: