PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question about interior cleaning

StockDC2
10-16-2015, 05:17 AM
Hello, I am getting ready to clean my car's interior and was wondering if I could get feedback on my plan of attack.

Dash and Vinyl: OPC diluted to 10:1
Leather Seats: OPC diluted to 5:1

I was then planning on wiping everything down with a damp (water) microfiber towel and then applying 303 Protectant on the dash/vinyl and Wolfgang's Conditioner on the leather. Does this seem like a good plan or is there anything that I should add/shouldn't do?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

DogRescuer
10-16-2015, 05:45 AM
I would try the 10 2 1 on the leather before going syronger, I'm sure you will vacuum and do glass also?

LSNAutoDetailing
10-16-2015, 07:27 AM
Many here (about 99%), including myself would say a diluted version of APC is safe on the leather (10:1). It really depends on your APC.

I use DP High Density APC and have found it to be so alkaline (at 100% strength) that it can etch glass if not diluted. I'm sure at that strength (100%) it could eat the coating off the leather.

My recommendation is to use 10:1 on the leather not 5:1. Don't scrub, just tamp and wipe mf cloth.

For my business, I no longer use APC on leather. I have made a strict rule that from here on we use nothing but a PH Balanced Leather cleaner such as Pinnacle Vinyl Leather Cleaner, or the newer product Pinnacle Leather Cleaner/Conditioner (AIO).

I'm not saying don't use APC, nor am I saying that in diluted form (which will make it balanced if diluted properly) that is bad, or not safe, etc... I'm just stating that for my customers, I want to be 100% certain that what I'm using. In other words, I play it very safe with my customers cars and they come out great. I love the Pinnacle Vinyl Leather Cleaner.