PDA

View Full Version : A different take on detailer's spray bottles?

Pages : [1] 2

BryanH
10-16-2015, 01:34 AM
I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks these are the best spray bottles around?

http://www.pbase.com/bryanh/image/161584057/original.jpg

I haven't been fully satisfied by the offerings for spray bottles that I've been able to find either online or locally. There are a few reasons but mostly it's a shortcoming of ergonomics for me, which surprises me because I have average-size hands.

Then it dawned on me the other day that some of the products I've purchased here at Autogeek have had the best spray bottles I've ever used. The products above have excellent sprayers (trigger stroke and spray pattern(s)) and the bottles are just the right size and shape - I particularly like the CarPro Eraser bottle. [All the ones pictured are ~500mL but I could see a 750mL or even 1L working if it was the right shape.]

Who else would enjoy seeing some empty bottles like these on offer as an alternative to what's out there now? Maybe even with some dilution markers if there's enough market for it. I figure CarPro / Poorboy's / Chemical Guys etc are sourcing these bottles from somewhere and that source might have an interest in doing a run of marked bottles. As for the sprayers, is that something that comes from the manufacturer of the product or from Autogeek? Hard to guess given the sprayer is included but packaged separately.

Or am I completely out to lunch? :)

SeanChav
10-16-2015, 02:12 AM
I do like that eraser bottle shape, but I haven't seen it available to buy around anywhere.... And u can get the chemical guys bottles directly from them, I'm just not sure about the sprayers.

I bought some of the 16oz chemical guys bottles and really liked them cuz they're crystal clear and easy to hold, BUT I found myself refilling them quite often after waterless washing, wheel cleaning etc.... And 32oz bottles, which are everywhere, are a bit too big/heavy IMO.... I found some nice 24oz bottles with white tolco sprayers on eBay for $10 for a pack of three.... They look similar to the griots garage bottles just not crystal clear and they feel great in my hand

DogRescuer
10-16-2015, 05:50 AM
Kwazar #1,pricey yes but in the long run worth it.

swanicyouth
10-16-2015, 09:37 AM
Those bottles aren't bad. But the problem is - they are only 16oz. Most people want to use 32oz bottles - simply because you have to fill them less. Most 16oz bottles are too narrow IMHO and tip over too easily as well.

The best bottles/sprayers IMHO are the Rubbermaid Professional bottles.

Hoytman
10-16-2015, 09:55 AM
Tractor Supply Ground Work Misting Sprayer...color rings on bottle...bottle shaped like the Quazar bottles therefore hard to tip over...super fine mist sprayer adjustable to a stream...32+ ounce bottle with milliliter and ounce markings on the bottle to 32 ounce...$1.99 each.

I've used about every detailing chemical in them that I have.

There...that's my secret detailing tip contribution to Autogeek forum.

pheerix
10-16-2015, 10:18 AM
Kwazar #1,pricey yes but in the long run worth it.

+1

bullitt 736
10-16-2015, 10:24 AM
The thing I like about the 16 oz bottles are that they fit in the pockets on my detail bag.

Hoytman
10-16-2015, 10:43 AM
+1

Yes the spray heads are nice, but use more product. Sometimes I want a spray head like that and will get 1 or 2 sometime.

However, for the many spray bottles that I have where one mist is enough I'll take these knock-offs any day of the week for the $2 price tag. I'm in the process of converting all of my bottles to these because the bottle itself is nearly identical to the Quazar and I can change spray heads anytime. It's the non-tip bottle design of both that I like...not the 2 sprays with 1 pump feature. Others mileage may vary.

For $2 pick one up at TSC and try it. Even if the spray head eventually goes bad, which they are chemical resistant for farm use and are expected to see a large variety of chemicals, the bottle alone will be worth the money spent if you decide to put your own spray head on.

Hermes1
10-16-2015, 10:46 AM
The thing I like about the 16 oz bottles are that they fit in the pockets on my detail bag.

Same here and also on my detail cart.

Hoytman
10-16-2015, 10:48 AM
The thing I like about the 16 oz bottles are that they fit in the pockets on my detail bag.That is certainly worth noting.

AGOatemywallet
10-16-2015, 03:35 PM
US Plastics has a mind blowing selection of sprayers and bottles

AnthonyGXP
10-16-2015, 03:40 PM
I'm quite partial to, and have recently switched all my chemicals to the 40 oz. pump sprayers found at your local Wally!

NO cramps in hand when applying clay lube or other applications that require large amounts of liquid!

BryanH
10-17-2015, 12:57 AM
Thanks for the helpful suggestions all. :)

I agree a 16oz bottle isn't very much for some products (wheel cleaner anyone? :)). For me a 32oz bottle is a bit too unwieldy. 24oz might be the right compromise.

I see the round 16oz bottle on Chemical Guys' web site now. Looks like it comes with a larger sprayer, which is where half of my "problem" with sprayers comes from. :)

I have a Zep and a 3X spray bottles for example, both have these large sprayers that look like they were made for someone with giant hands. They take up extra space and are uncomfortable for me.

After some more looking, I found something that might work: Method Mint Glass & Surface Natural Cleaner 28 oz : Target (http://www.target.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/p/method-mint-glass-surface-natural-cleaner-28-oz/-/A-13966449)

It's an inexpensive 28oz bottle with the nice compact sprayer, and it comes with free household glass cleaner. :props: Downside is, the bottle isn't blank. I'd have to create my own labels.

If I were to do this, what should I rinse the bottle with to make sure all traces of glass cleaner are gone before adding my favorite diluted chemical of choice?

DBAILEY
10-17-2015, 05:01 AM
Tractor Supply Ground Work Misting Sprayer...color rings on bottle...bottle shaped like the Quazar bottles therefore hard to tip over...super fine mist sprayer adjustable to a stream...32+ ounce bottle with milliliter and ounce markings on the bottle to 32 ounce...$1.99 each.

I also found some great bottles at my Tractor Supply store. I found them in the horse care section where all the feed buckets are located.

These bottles are similar to the GG bottles. They are fat and wide on the bottom with a short neck on top. They do not have that tall long goose neck at the top like the ZEP and Rubbermaid bottles do. I feel that those 2 bottle type tip over way too easy when they are getting close to empty.

These Tractor Supply bottles have a silhouette of horses on them and have the measurement markers on the side of the bottle.

I did not think that the sprayers would last very long but all them have been great. I have only replaced one so far and that was because I stepped on it and broke the nozzle. I have 2 bottles with ZEP HD Citrus and ZEP Industrial Purple APC's in them and they haven't failed yet.

I highly recommend them.

Vegas1
10-18-2015, 02:39 AM

Thanks for the contribution.:xyxthumbs:

Picked up the last one at my local store yesterday. Rang up at $1.59. Can't wait to try it out.