PDA

View Full Version : Preservation of WGPS over Winter

rajon
10-15-2015, 07:49 AM
Hi Guys,

I hope this question isn't horribly redundant but winter is approaching here in lovely Michigan and the salt will be a'flying well before the snow.

I have a near month old coat of WGPS3 on my black Chevy Cruze daily driver and it is performing well beyond expectations. I habitually 2 bucket wash my car weekly and the paint looks amazing.

My question is how to best remove the salt when the temperatures are below freezing. So, if I can get the temperature of my garage in to the 40's is it safe to use a waterless wash to remove salt? Is there one that gets along best with the Wolfgang?

TRDTACO
10-15-2015, 11:37 AM
Coin op car wash with the high pressure wand to knock the majority of it off, then a rinseless at home.

Nick McKees37
10-15-2015, 12:37 PM
Coin op car wash with the high pressure wand to knock the majority of it off, then a rinseless at home.

Solid advice. :dblthumb2:

We'll be introducing a new product from Wolfgang at SEMA in a few weeks. It will complement the paint sealant while also making winter washing easier than ever. ;)

Stay tuned. :righton:

rajon
10-15-2015, 12:40 PM
Thanks guys!

Vue to a kill
10-15-2015, 12:42 PM
Solid advice. :dblthumb2:

We'll be introducing a new product from Wolfgang at SEMA in a few weeks. It will complement the paint sealant while also making winter washing easier than ever. ;)

Stay tuned. :righton:

I'm betting that's the new rinseless wash that's being tested. The color, slickness afterwards that's mentioned and fact that WG does not have a rinseless/waterless yet lead me to believe this is the case.