PDA

View Full Version : Soft CC?

MoparAddict
09-22-2007, 11:18 AM
I was just wondering on how do you guys maintain a vehicle with a soft clear coat? I had a 04 Black saturn ion redline and i have never had a black car that would scratch so easily. I know black is a pain anyways but this was horrible. it would leave lines just from wiping it with a mf. yesterday i was doing a 07 black vue. they lady had only had it for two days and it was pretty beat up. scratches and swirls everywhere and they are total pain to get out, if i can get them. i did get mainly everything out i just hit it with menzerna sip, then nano then topped it with wg sealant, but what a PITA.
I have never came across a GM paint thats so soft before. I just did a 06 Black Z06 Vette and it was the complete opposite, very hard.
I was just wondering if anyone has noticed or came across this. If so what products and process is easiest for you to work with on soft cc? Also what cars have you came across with this same problem.

Any help would be appreciated.
Trevor

richy
09-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Your choice of MF will be very NB. Use very light pressure. Bad habits can be forgiven on hard CC's, but not on soft ones. Correction will occur faster I find. Can't stress enough light pressure..I tend to be heavy handed and have to watch with soft CC's..that's why I don't like them!

scottgt
09-23-2007, 11:42 PM
ya they are very tough...my stang is veryyy soft and very bad clear....light pressure and try not to wipe the same spot more than 2 times

MoparAddict
09-23-2007, 11:54 PM
awesome, thanks for your help guys.